Commerce Editor, Country Living
Hearst MagazinesBirmingham, AL
This was removed by the employer on 12/1/2022 9:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Commerce Editor, Country Living jobs in Birmingham-AL
Search all Commerce Editor, Country Living postings
Full Time Job
Country Living is seeking a full-time commerce editor to join our team. This role reports to the digital director, and is responsible for the production of affiliate-driven coverage on CountryLiving.com. This editor will also write affiliate-driven news items, gift guides, and trend pieces that relate to our audience.
Please note that for consideration, resumes must be submitted in .pdf format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
This job is located in Birmingham, Alabama. We will not be able to consider remote candidates.
What you'll do:
• Work closely with Hearst's SEO team, eCommerce team, and Country Living editors to write, edit, and produce ''best of'' product roundups and gift guides and cover relevant consumer news and sales.
• Write and/or update as many as five product-focused pieces of content daily (including slideshows, listicles, and articles) in a way that is voice-y, highly shareable, search-optimized, and smartly packaged for the Country Living audience.
• Assign and edit shopping- and product-related stories across a variety of categories.
• Track performance of commerce content in order to conceive, plan, and execute new areas of growth to increase affiliate commerce revenue.
• Stay on top of breaking news, consumer alerts, trends, new products, and the latest buzzy stuff happening in the product space.
• Contribute market work for gift guides.
• Write and project-manage copy for product-focused newsletters, videos, membership, and social campaigns as needed.
• Work with the photo, design, and video teams to optimize product stories with original imagery, graphics, video, and more.
Who you are:
• You have at least 2-3 years of relevant digital experience, preferably with a strong background in commerce content.
• You are a strong writer, editor, and reporter who delivers clean, concise, and correct copy on deadline.
• You have good judgment as to what works to drive audience and engagement.
• You are a strategic thinker with a strong service-journalism sensibility with creative packaging ideas.
• You have a talent for digging up the coolest and most interesting products, as well as finding original reporting angles for consumer news.
• You not only understand analytics but can translate them into editorial action. You are familiar with Google Analytics, Looker, Skimlinks, or similar reporting tools.
• You are a whiz when it comes to SEO best practices.
• You have experience and/or knowledge of video- or photo-editing platforms.
• You are curious, willing to roll up your sleeves, and keep pace with the constantly-evolving digital landscape.
• You are a self-starter and a team player who can keep up in a fast-paced environment.
• You have strong time management, communication, and interpersonal skills-and above all-are fun(!) with a positive and professional attitude.
• You have a bachelor's degree or relevant experience.
The base salary for this role is between $63,000 and $75,000. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Magazines will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.