Commerce Content Strategist
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Commerce Content Strategist, Good Housekeeping
The Editorial Insights team is looking for an ambitious, organized, detail-oriented Commerce Content Strategist to help guide the commerce content strategy for our largest brand, Good Housekeeping.
Partnering with the affiliate strategy team and reporting to a senior SEO manager, this role will work daily to ID and recommend new shopping content opportunities for the Good Housekeeping edit team to create - from strategizing and forward planning for product reviews and seasonal roundups to following trends in home, beauty, health/fitness and more to suggest day-of coverage of major shopping moments. Additionally, this strategist will also guide and help execute Good Housekeeping and other brands' newsletter and social programming efforts with a commerce-first POV.
The ideal candidate has experience building new SEO and affiliate strategies from the ground up and is comfortable using data in Google Analytics and other BI tools to track performance, share wins, and find ways to iterate on successes. Superb analytics and planning skills are a must. A keen interest in and experience with the product reviews and the consumer shopping space is ideal.
What you'll do:
• Guide daily and long-term commerce content and keyword targeting strategy for Good Housekeeping, working with editorial leadership and writers across the team as well as testing teams from the Good Housekeeping Institute
• Stay on top of commerce and shopping trends and develop personalized commerce content strategies that cater to unique verticals (home, beauty, health, etc) and different times of year
• Use Google Analytics, SEM Rush, Looker, Google Trends and other SEO and BI tools to ID trends, track performance, share wins, perform case studies, and find ways to iterate on successes
• Regularly dig into the data and conduct competitive analysis to find content gaps, ID where we are losing ground in SEO visibility and reach, and propose new experiments
• Perform regular audits of meta information, URL, merchant choice, and other commerce best practices. Support and train editors and writers on all things SEO and commerce strategy and how to effectively optimize all kinds of content
• Partner with Hearst Magazine's product org to help guide the technical roadmap and ID ongoing commerce enhancements
• Keep pace with SEO, affiliate marketing, social media and other audience engagement trends and developments
• Share learnings and offer strategic insights to the larger editorial portfolio; support the larger SEO and commerce partnerships team with forward-planning around major shopping moments (Prime Day, holiday gifting season, etc).
Who you are:
• Someone with a minimum of 3 years of hands-on audience strategy experience, preferably in the affiliate commerce space and/or SEO
• Previous experience analyzing data, interpreting results, and translating them into editorial action
• Familiar with Excel, Google Analytics, Looker, Skimlinks, or similar audience and affiliate reporting tools
• Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and has the ability to thrive in a fast-paced publishing environment
Candidates must include their resume in .pdf or .doc format to be considered.