Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 4/2/2020 8:11:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Search for Commerce Analyst jobs in New York-NY
Search all Commerce Analyst postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Commerce Analyst? Your Impact
Hearst Magazines drove $330M in product sales last year, and is now looking for a Commerce Analyst to help dive into the data and help us tell the story of this performance both internally and externally. In this position, you'll build new dashboards, track and share performance trends and insights, and present key findings to our content creators, business partners, and leadership teams across the Hearst Magazines portfolio of brands.
The ideal candidate is a data enthusiast who is comfortable with common commerce & affiliate measurement frameworks, has experience using a variety performance tools, and is good at synthesizing large data sets into actionable takeaways.
What you'll do
• Work with the larger commerce team to build, deliver, and automate performance reports that help our editors make smarter daily, weekly, and monthly decisions.
• Combine and synthesize multiple data sets, cleaning and verifying the data for accuracy. Work closely with our data product & engineering teams to ensure the roadmap aligns with the commerce team's needs.
• Support content & marketing strategists with subject-matter deep dives, competitive analysis or one-off research into specific topics for possible coverage, providing recommendations and insights that will drive commerce growth.
• Serve as an internal commerce-reporting expert and proactive mentor, teaching others how to make better data-driven decisions, read and understand reporting, and build their own bespoke reports.
• Distribute important commerce insights from team to team by collaborating with various departments on strategy as well as creating and updating company-wide best practices.
Who you are
• At least 2-3 years working in data analysis at a consumer-facing company; experience with measuring commerce performance, especially in a digital-media capacity.
• Experience building out reporting in BI and other data visualization tools, such as Looker, Google Analytics, Tableau, or Domo a plus.
• Experience analyzing, interpreting, and visualizing data into clean, clear, and digestible dashboards and reports.
• Organized, detail-oriented, and comfortable juggling multiple projects simultaneously across a variety of platforms and topics.
• An inherently curious person that will work doggedly to connect the dots between numbers, context, and impact. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.