Business Intelligence Analyst
Hearst MagazinesCenter Valley, PA
This was removed by the employer on 4/16/2020 2:12:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Business Intelligence Analyst jobs in Center Valley-PA
Search all Business Intelligence Analyst postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Business Intelligence Analyst? Hearst Magazines is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst to join our Data Studio team. Hearst Data Studio is an internal team that gives advertisers additional insights into how our audience responds to our content. Hearst Data Studio brings together research analysts, data scientists and programmatic specialists.
As a part of Hearst Magazines, we offer the best of both worlds: a nimble, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment coupled with the career development opportunities and perks of an established company. Hearst Data Studio provides you with the stability of a big company with the forward-looking feel of a startup.
The impact you'll have
As a Business Intelligence Analyst, will be part of the team applying AI (Artificial Intelligence), Natural Language Processing (NLP) and machine learning techniques digital data to find better ways to connect to our audience. Your ability to gather and interpret stakeholder requirements as well as understanding how to best use our source data will be key to the efficacy of Hearst Data Studio.
What you'll do
• You will review and explore source data as it relates to business concepts as well as how it relates to other data elements.
• You will interview data stewards/experts.
• You will create documentation. Communicates and interprets pertinent information to the ETL Designer.
• You will optimize the performance of business intelligence tools by defining data to filter and index that add value to the end user.
• You will get to model data into database design, e.g., star schema, snowflake schema, data vault, 3rd normal form, etc.
• You will work with business users/product managers to create, review and understand analytic requirement documents and translate them into technical solutions.
• You will have the opportunity to work with business users/product manager to prioritize data and information requirements.
• You will communicate pertinent requirements and information to business users, e.g., product managers, project managers, programmers, and database administrators.
• You will analyze large data sets to identify data issues or patterns and verify data availability and integrity.
• You will work with product managers to understand priorities and manage teams back log.
• You will help perform troubleshooting and provides resolutions to reporting issues.
• You will produce appropriate research and analysis of requirements and/or efforts necessary for completion of projects.
• You will provide regular communication updates to management, requestors, and other affected departments for all assigned projects.
• You will work with employees, clients, and vendors in a team-oriented environment.
• You will streamline tasks and resources to complete work and meet deadlines according to established departmental procedures.
• You will conduct comprehensive reviews of projects/tasks to ensure adherence to design and quality objectives.
• You will be able to use various resources, continually learn, studie, and apply new information in fast paced, dynamic technical environment.
• You will get the opportunity to travel off site when required or requested.
Who you are
• You are an excellent technical design and/or analytical skills.
• You have five (5) or more years' experience in reporting, data warehousing, and data management.
• You have experience in data modeling; logical, physical and dimensional modeling.
• You have general SQL experience.
• You can grasp the link between data elements and business concepts and their relationships to one another.
• You can validate business use cases for accuracy and completeness of proposed solution.
• You can take initiative, knows what needs to be done and executes with a sense of urgency, discipline and focus.
• You have experience working on project teams utilizing Agile principles, practices, and methodologies.
• You have experience with Business Intelligence Reporting tools.
• You have proven consultative application of technical and management principles to others, and design skills.
• You have successful performance of providing consulting assistance to business and technical staff.
• You have proven successful experience making decisions on variety of tasks requiring discretion, judgment, and initiative guided by general procedures or standards.
• You have experience documenting procedures for solving business problems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, MIS, or four-year related degree, and/or equivalent work-related experience. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.