Hearst MagazinesCharlotte, NC
Full Time Job
Hearst Magazines is looking for a Billing Coordinator to join our finance team based out of our Charlotte, NC office. The main emphasis of this position is to collect, maintain, verify and dispense advertising information and provide this information to related departments for sales forecasting, budgeting, commissions and invoicing. Related departments include magazine and corporate sales, advertising production, AIS Support and financial departments.
• Maintain advertising information by processing advertising insertion orders, space contracts, verbal orders and adjustments. Processing orders and adjustments include the maintenance and constant revision of account and agency information, contracts and rates as well as coordinating advertising documents.
• Verify advertising information by reconciling information received from advertisers, agencies, sales, production, corporate sales and financial departments. Verifying AIS information also includes investigating errors or discrepancies with other AIS groups.
• Support magazine advertising sales, production departments, AIS Support and financial departments by responding to phone or e-mail inquiries and/or providing information in the form of standard reports or on-line displays.
Other Job Functions:
• Provide billing information for invoicing by closing issues on AdDepot/SalesForce; closing an issue requires the final reconciliation of all ads and editorial paging, balancing the book plus scanning closing documents.
• Provide reports to the MPA, PIB/Kantar, and Starch. Research and resolution of Discrepancy Letters from PIB/Kantar.
• S upport AISNY/CBS department by performing miscellaneous office duties.
• Personal communication on a day-to-day basis with:
• Magazine sales representatives, regional managers and ad directors
• Magazine production staff
• AISNY Support
• Credit department staff
• Corporate sales
• Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance preferable
• Business office experience in magazine publishing or advertising agency preferred but not required
• Strong math and communication skills.
• Detail-oriented and organized