Beauty Editor, Elle
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/6/2023 5:11:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Beauty Editor, Elle jobs in New York-NY
Search all Beauty Editor, Elle postings
Full Time Job
Hearst Magazines' portfolio of more than 25 powerful brands in the U.S. - including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics - inspires, entertains and builds new and bold experiences for an engaged and growing audience across digital, video, social and print, reaching nearly 139 million readers and site visitors each month. With sophisticated content creation, cutting-edge technology and industry-leading data capabilities, we make media and products that move people across all platforms.
We are a global media company that publishes nearly 260 magazine editions and 200 websites around the world and, together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
ELLE is looking for a team-oriented, ambitious, creative, kind, beauty editor to create dynamic, thoughtful, and engaging beauty content. This role will work closely with the print beauty director to help execute and shape the overall beauty content strategy. The ideal candidate is a strong beauty writer and thinker with fresh ideas who turns in clean copy, is resourceful and detail-oriented in their research, is proactive in their communication, and has an understanding of the evolving beauty landscape and ELLE voice and POV.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio or samples of work.
What You'll Do:
• Identify emerging beauty trends and hot cultural topics on a worldwide scale
• Work with the beauty director to set lineups and pitch a variety of content across categories
• Write engaging beauty articles, interview experts, analyze research, translate beauty jargon for our readers
• Call in products and collaborate with art and photo teams to help produce beauty layouts
• Work with the business team on advertising/marketing partnerships and projects as necessary
• Take market appointments and represent the brand at press appointments/events/trips when schedule permits
• Help create social media content (Instagram, TikTok, etc.) when necessary, to bring the brand's content to life beyond print and the website
Who You Are:
• At least 4 to 5 years of post-grad experience with editing and/or writing for a consumer audience, with a particular emphasis on beauty content
• Bachelor's degree
• Deep knowledge of and passion for beauty, beauty trends, and the publishing industry
• Capable of finding stories and trends off the beaten path
• Able to put trends into a larger cultural context for a curious, sophisticated, and diverse audience
• An interest in fashion, celebrity, politics, and culture - and intrigued by how beauty and wellness intersect with and reflect the world around us
• Comfortable and confident writing for both print and digital
• Knowledgeable about SEO best practices and able to utilize Google Analytics or other similar tools
• Clear and consistent communicator
• Strong reporting skills (a degree in journalism is a plus)
• Able to multitask and turn in copy under tight deadlines
• An understanding of skin and hair types beyond your own
The base salary for this role is between $67,000 and $77,000. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as: transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.