Audience Development Buyer
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Hearst's Audience Development team works strategically with Affiliate Partnerships, Programmatic Yield, and Edit teams to launch, optimize, and analyze search & social campaigns to drive profitable traffic across our digital brands portfolio. As a part of this team, the Audience Development Buyer will be responsible for media buying and traffic acquisition across self-serve paid search and social tools such as Google Ads and Facebook. The ideal candidate should be a strong communicator, highly organized, possess a passion for analytics, be detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
What you'll do
• Launch and maintain paid media campaigns including setting them up, choosing creative images, writing/editing ad copy, and optimizing campaign performance.
• Analyze campaign reporting to determine optimization opportunities on existing campaigns and develop new buying strategies to test.
• Compile metrics for other team members and create reports for the broader leadership team.
• Collaborate, share results, and brainstorm with other team members to help shape future campaign strategy.
• Manage a variety of individually focused projects designed to deepen our understanding of our brands' performance and how it compares to our goals and competitive set.
Who you are
• Have a bachelor's degree, preferably in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or Mathematics
• Proficient in Excel and/or Google Sheets
• Comfortable working with numbers and large data sets, and adept at organizing and interpreting data to extract trends and results
• Able to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
• Digital media, search, or social buying experience is a plus, but not required
Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels - print, digital, video and social – with sophisticated content creation, distribution and data capabilities. We create, package and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.