Associate Video Producer, Good Housekeeping
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Video Producer, Good Housekeeping
Good Housekeeping is looking for an associate video
shooter/editor with technical and production capabilities to produce fun, informative, and highly
shareable videos as we relaunch oversee the brand's video efforts across all of its
platforms (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and on-site). Reporting to the
Executive Video Producer, the ideal candidate will be a creative, resourceful
person who collaborates well with a team to film and edit compelling videos
with high production value. This person must be able to work independently but
also take direction well. A strong work ethic, positive attitude, and interest
in women's lifestyle subjects (home, beauty, wellness, entertainment, and
product reviews) are musts.
• Research and regularly pitch video ideas that can be single
videos or be developed into compelling episodic series.
• Be main point of contact to
pitch/request and edit/approve videos created by HDM's central video teams
(both sponsored videos and syndication pieces) for on-site and social platforms.
• Help program and optimize video
for key multimedia-focused offsite platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, and
• Support the team with planning, shooting, and editing multiple
video projects from start to finish.
• Write video titles and descriptions and manage video web
production on our multiple platforms.
• Organizes and uploads all finished footage to
shared video servers.
• Manages talent, loads and sets up equipment/props,
and shoots secondary camera footage.
• 2-4 years of digital
shooting/production experience in the lifestyle space.
• Familiar with trends and
formats for Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
• Ability to troubleshoot
technical challenges and deliver the best video/audio quality in the field.
• Proficiency with Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects,
Photoshop, and other Creative Suite products.
• Experience shooting video
and still photography with a DLSR.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving
Candidates who do not submit a resume in a .doc or .pdf
format with a reel and work samples will not be considered.