Associate Social Media Editor, Oprah Daily
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and Oprah Daily. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels-print, digital, video, and social-with sophisticated content creation, distribution, and data capabilities. We create, package, and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
Oprah Daily is seeking an Associate Social Media Editor to develop content strategies that enhance the reach of Oprah Daily and Oprah's Book Club. This position will be part of the Oprah Daily and Oprah's Book Club team, reporting to Oprah Daily's Director of Brand Strategy, and will work closely with the books and video team to create engaging, relevant content on our platforms.
Please note that for consideration, resumes must be submitted in .pdf format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work. This job is based in our New York City offices.
What you'll do:
• With direction from the Director of Brand Strategy, you will map out engaging social content, especially on the @oprahdaily Instagram account.
• Cultivate video ideas and execute them for Instagram.
• Spearhead edit calendar for social channels.
• Post and manage social feeds for Oprah's Book Club and others as needed.
• Write engaging captions for posts.
• Moderate and respond to comments.
• Work closely with the Oprah Daily social designer to map out engaging social content.
• Work with content strategists and social editors on timing and distribution strategies to support continued growth and engagement for both communities.
Who you are:
• 2-5 years professional experience.
• Social media expert with a passion for conversation.
• Familiarity with industry leading strategies of social revenue generation.
• Demonstrate data-driven decision making.
• Excellent at producing high quality sharable content.
• Innovative and sound judgment on driving audience development and engagement on social platforms, in digital media, for the Oprah audience.
• Comfortable working in digital content management systems and ready to learn Hearst's proprietary CMS.
• Familiarity with Google Analytics, Photoshop, social scheduling software and other common software and digital tools a plus.
• Self-awareness and emotional intelligence to successfully manage multiple stakeholders and deadlines.
• You excel in an entrepreneurial environment.
The base salary for this role is between $64,000 and $67,000. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.