Associate Shopping Editor
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
House Beautiful is looking for an Associate Shopping Editor to write and occasionally edit commerce content. The ideal person for this gig is obsessed with online shopping and finding the best sales and buzzy items-trendy items for the home, great scores on appliances, all things Le Creuset or Dyson, and more. Even better: You're a pro at diving into data and using reporting tools to inform voicey, super-shareable, and smartly packaged articles angled around search trends.
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of merchants across home and design categories. You should be skilled at making data-driven decisions and seeking out new opportunities based on audience opportunities as well as managing updates around our existing catalog of content. This position will report to the Senior Shopping Editor.
Please note that for consideration, resumes must be submitted in .pdf format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work. This job is based in our New York City offices.
What you'll do:
• Write 2 to 3 stories a day with an emphasis on maintaining and updating top-performing SEO content
• Take on 3 product reviews or one-off sale stories weekly
• Work with our preferred partners to plan for upcoming launches and shopping moments
• Track performance of content to inform and execute new areas of growth and increase affiliate commerce revenue
Who you are:
• You have a bachelor's degree and 2 to 4 years of experience creating lifestyle content at a digital-first editorial outlet; strong preference for candidates with a background in commerce content
• A sharp writer with strong self-editing skills
• Able to understand analytics and translate them into editorial action; familiarity with Parse.ly, Looker, Skimlinks, or similar reporting tools is a plus
• Able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and comfortable working independently
• Well-versed in building strong relationships and explaining complex topics in simple terms
• Available to work major shopping holidays
The base salary for this role is between $53,000 and $63,000. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Magazines will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.