Associate Shopping Editor, House Beautiful
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 5/31/2023 10:11:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Associate Shopping Editor, House Beautiful jobs in New York-NY
Search all Associate Shopping Editor, House Beautiful postings
Full Time Job
Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and Oprah Daily. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels-print, digital, video, and social-with sophisticated content creation, distribution, and data capabilities. We create, package, and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
House Beautiful is looking for an Associate Shopping Editor to write and occasionally edit commerce content. The ideal person for this gig is obsessed with online shopping and finding the best sales and buzzy items-trendy items for the home, great scores on appliances, all things Le Creuset or Dyson, and more. Even better: You're a pro at diving into data and using reporting tools to inform voicey, super-shareable, and smartly packaged articles angled around search trends.
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of merchants across home and design categories. You should be skilled at making data-driven decisions and seeking out new opportunities based on audience opportunities as well as managing updates around our existing catalog of content. This position will report to the Senior Shopping Editor.
Please note that for consideration, resumes must be submitted in .pdf format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work. This job is based in our New York City offices.
What you'll do:
• Write 2 to 3 stories a day with an emphasis on maintaining and updating top-performing SEO content
• Take on 3 product reviews or one-off sale stories weekly
• Work with our preferred partners to plan for upcoming launches and shopping moments
• Track performance of content to inform and execute new areas of growth and increase affiliate commerce revenue
Who you are:
• You have a bachelor's degree and 2 to 4 years of experience creating lifestyle content at a digital-first editorial outlet; strong preference for candidates with a background in commerce content
• A sharp writer with strong self-editing skills
• Able to understand analytics and translate them into editorial action; familiarity with Parse.ly, Looker, Skimlinks, or similar reporting tools is a plus
• Able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and comfortable working independently
• Well-versed in building strong relationships and explaining complex topics in simple terms
• Available to work major shopping holidays
The base salary for this role is between $53,000 and $63,000. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.