Associate Lifestyle Editor, Countryliving.Com
Hearst MagazinesBirmingham, AL
Full Time Job
Do you love warmer weather? Do you crave a house with a porch? Do you want to work out of a converted biscuit factory with an on-site ice cream shop, beer warehouse, farmer's market, and nationally recognized restaurants? Do you have a soft spot for old houses, vintage shopping, and Dolly Parton memes?
CountryLiving.com is hiring an associate lifestyle editor. In this role, you will spin out intriguing ideas and create meaningful and engaging content that both serves readers and helps to grow the website and social platforms. You are our ideal candidate if you are a strategic thinker and a detail-oriented editor with tons of energy, ideas, and enthusiasm for design, decorating, and real estate-plus outdoor living, travel, entertaining style, and weddings. You understand how to maximize search traffic, yet you relish creating content that hooks readers. You are also on the forefront of new trends, concepts, and approaches to content development. NOTE: For consideration, resumes must be received in .pdf format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do
• Collaborate with the digital director and deputy digital editor on content direction and mix to grow traffic and brand loyalty on CountryLiving.com and social platforms
• Work with the digital team to assign, edit, and publish daily digital and social content
• Pitch, write, assign, and edit news and SEO stories
• Work with the assistant editor to monitor and implement analytics to maximize search-driven traffic
• Work with the assistant editor to produce content for social platforms and to grow social engagement
• Track the news and other design sources for inspiration, emerging trends, creative approaches
Who you are
• You have 3 to 4 years of professional experience producing digital content, preferably for a major consumer shelter or design-oriented brand
• You are an excellent writer and editor with a passion for service journalism
• You can efficiently manage time, navigate competing demands, and clearly communicate and prioritize deadlines based on editorial demands, traffic goals, and business needs
• You have both deep knowledge of analytics tools and the ability to mine them for insights
• You preferably have management experience
• You hold a bachelor's degree
Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O, The Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels-print, digital, video and social-with sophisticated content creation, distribution, and data capabilities. We create, package, and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.