Associate Heath & Fitness Editor, Enthusiast Group
Hearst MagazinesEaston, PA
Full Time Job
Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and Oprah Daily. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels - print, digital, video and social – with sophisticated content creation, distribution and data capabilities. We create, package and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
Hearst's Enthusiast Group-with great brands Popular Mechanics, Runner's World, Best Products, and Bicycling-seeks an energetic, driven, and detail-obsessed Associate Health & Fitness Editor to find and create stories across our sites, magazines, social feeds, and all other channels. Working within our Service & News team, the Health & Fitness Editor will contribute to the overall content flow for digital and print magazines.
Specifically, you will serve as a vital part of the Runner's World and Bicycling brands on a daily basis. You should have knowledge or interest in health, fitness, or nutrition, following trends and products, have a love for providing information that helps people live a healthier, happier life. You'll stand out by displaying a willingness to create and target content to surpass performance metrics-stories with a discrete goal such as user actions, affiliate revenue, audience development, and engagement-each day. A background in the core interests for each of our brands is highly recommended: health and fitness, nutrition, cycling culture, running culture.
Please note that this role will be based out of our Easton, PA offices. For consideration, resumes must be submitted in pdf format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What You'll Do:
• Under direction of the Deputy Editor and Health & Fitness Director, originate and write content that meets performance metrics.
• Stay on top of breaking news, health trends, new products, and the latest buzzy stuff happening in our space.
• Contribute to our regular web projects, such as our weekly workout video content, sold content campaigns, and holiday/season buying guides.
• Write and update SEO-driven topics, including making both minor and significant updates to existing articles.
• Craft attention-grabbing headlines to reach our current audience while also thinking of how to reach new users.
Who You Are:
• You have at least 1-3 years of experience working for a digital media brand, ideally in the health/wellness/fitness space or service-oriented brand.
• You are a strong writer and reporter who delivers clean, concise, and factually correct copy on deadline.
• You have the ability to pitch and report original pieces on a daily basis to meet overall content goals - including news, service, and evergreen.
• You have demonstrated experience publishing digital content within a CMS.
• You are a self-starter with enthusiasm for health and wellness, organized with a sharp attention to detail, and a team player.
• You are willing and able to adapt to fast-changing priorities.
• You have the ability to thrive under multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines.
• You have a Bachelor's degree.