Associate Editor, Prevention
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 4/29/2021 10:11:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Associate Editor, Prevention jobs in New York-NY
Search all Associate Editor, Prevention postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Associate Editor, Prevention? Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and Delish. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels-print, digital, video, and social-with sophisticated content creation, distribution, and data capabilities. We create, package, and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
Prevention is looking for an associate editor who is eager to contribute to the continued growth of our health and wellness brand. In this role, you will pitch daily news content, write several SEO articles per week, contribute to print and special projects, and play a crucial role in the brand's growth. You should write with style and be able to make science-backed advice relatable and compelling to a consumer audience. It's also important for our associate editor to use good judgment in selecting sources and studies to cover, be comfortable interviewing experts, and take accuracy very seriously. Please note: For consideration, resumes just be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do:
• Write consumer-focused health and wellness content, including daily news, SEO articles, and print stories
• Pitch news content daily and service content weekly
• Take charge of at least two content buckets on our site, which may include mental health, fitness, relationships, or beauty
• Monitor traffic and data trends to understand what's resonating with our audience, and respond accordingly
• Work closely with the senior editor and the deputy editor on site strategy
Who you are:
• You have at least 2 years of post-grad experience in consumer digital editorial
• You have a demonstrated interested in health and wellness
• You are familiar with SEO strategy and the principles of data analytics
• You have an engaging writing voice and experience reporting This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.