Associate Editor, Performance Content
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/4/2023 7:11:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Associate Editor, Performance Content jobs in New York-NY
Search all Associate Editor, Performance Content postings
Full Time Job
Hearst Magazines' portfolio of more than 25 powerful brands in the U.S.-including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics-inspires, entertains, and builds new and bold experiences for an engaged and growing audience across digital, video, social, and print, reaching nearly 139 million readers and site visitors each month. With sophisticated content creation, cutting-edge technology, and industry-leading data capabilities, we make media and products that move people across all platforms.
We are a global media company that publishes nearly 260 magazine editions and 200 websites around the world and, together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
Hearst Magazines is seeking a strong writer, who is comfortable creating content across a variety of brands, including Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Women's Health, ELLE, Good Housekeeping, and more. This position is part of a growing editorial team that supports LIFT, a centralized performance content team that grows Hearst Magazines' digital readership through paid social and search promotions.
The ideal candidate has a positive attitude and is up for writing across a wide spectrum of topics - from entertainment to health to fashion and beyond - and pitching in wherever needed. In this role, candidates will be diving into a variety of subject areas, researching, reporting, and writing or updating stories daily.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work. This position is based in New York, New York; unfortunately, we will not be able to consider remote workers.
What you'll do:
• Work with LIFT's editorial team to conceive and publish content across 20 Hearst Magazines websites
• Write or update 8-12 stories a week across many verticals, including entertainment, fashion/beauty, health, home, and more
• Update and monitor top-performing shopping stories daily across our portfolio of brands
• Join brainstorms and help pitch new content ideas
• Monitor traffic and performance to understand what's working and why
• Provide content production support, as needed
• Help manage freelance contracts and invoices on a weekly and monthly basis
Who you are:
• At least 1 year of experience as a writer
• Strong writing skills and a talent for quick turn-around on clean, voice-y, accurate copy
• Comfortable writing across a variety of lifestyle subjects and able to adapt voice and style to match brands and audiences
• Top-notch organization and communication skills and ability to stay on top of day-to-day assignments
• Experience working in a CMS a plus
The base salary for this role is $56,000-$66,000. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.