Associate Editor, News, Country Living
Hearst MagazinesBirmingham, AL
This was removed by the employer on 5/12/2023 12:11:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Associate Editor, News, Country Living jobs in Birmingham-AL
Search all Associate Editor, News, Country Living postings
Full Time Job
Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines' portfolio of more than 25 powerful brands in the U.S. - including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics - inspires, entertains and builds new and bold experiences for an engaged and growing audience across digital, video, social and print, reaching nearly 139 million readers and site visitors each month. With sophisticated content creation, cutting-edge technology and industry-leading data capabilities, we make media and products that move people across all platforms.
We are a global media company that publishes nearly 260 magazine editions and 200 websites around the world and, together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
The Associate Editor, News for Country Living determines which news stories reach the Country Living audience, from quick-hit news items to relevant celebrity happenings to culturally resonant features.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do:
• Pitch, write, and update CountryLiving.com's news stories, including pop culture and celebrity coverage
• Schedule the Facebook feed
• Curate Instagram feed and contribute to TikTok
• Work with Country Living digital team to meet traffic, video views, and content strategy goals
• Determine which TV shows, movies, and events Country Living should be obsessed with right now
• Syndicate relevant content
• Coordinate with fact-checking and legal teams to ascertain stories meet all standards
• Understand analytics and program content accordingly
Who you are:
• You have at least 3 years of relevant digital experience.
• You are a strong writer and editor.
• You have good judgment as to what works to drive audience and engagement.
• You have a passion for all things Virgin River, Ben & Erin, and Blue Bloods!
• You have an understanding of SEO, analytics, and social media platforms, and have experience tracking real-time and long-term analytics.
• You are curious, willing to roll up your sleeves, and keep pace with the constantly-evolving digital landscape.
• You are a self-starter and a team player who can keep up in a fast-paced environment.
• You have strong time management, communication, and interpersonal skills-and above all-are fun(!) with a positive and professional attitude.
• You have a bachelor's degree or relevant experience.
The base salary for this role is $50,000. The base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as: transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.