Associate Editor, Goodhousekeeping.Com
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Hearst Magazines is looking for an Associate Editor with an enthusiasm for all things nutrition and wellness to create service-packed and informative editorial content for GoodHousekeeping.com, one of the world's largest women's lifestyle magazines.
Reporting to the Deputy Editor, the ideal candidate is a smart content packager and skilled writer who is open to new ideas, quick to think on their feet and sniff out B.S. info, and clued into how our readers use search, social media, and other platforms to engage with our brand. The Associate Editor will pitch, write, and produce digital content across a variety of verticals, with an emphasis on health, food, nutrition, and wellness.
• Pitch, report, and write 2-5 original pieces daily - including news, service, and evergreen - with a particular focus on the health and wellness beat
• Execute on SEO-driven priorities, including making both minor and significant updates to existing articles
• Utilize CMS tools, strategically select photos, and work with the art team on original design and photography to optimize all content for maximum engagement and shareability
• Use data tools/analytics daily to monitor traffic and understand what works and why, gearing coverage towards that
• Assign stories to freelancers and edit their work
• Contribute to special projects and big ideas for the brand
• Attend and cover press previews and other industry events as needed
• At least 3 years' experience working for a digital media brand, ideally in the healthy living/wellness space
• Strong writing and reporting skills, with a knack for crafting click-y headlines
• Ability to shift gears quickly in a daily web publishing environment, and pitch in with whatever needs to get done
• Demonstrated experience publishing digital content within a CMS and working with analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Google Trends.
• Knowledge of SEO and best practices for optimizing content for the web, including Google News
• Experience with Photoshop, Looker, and social scheduling tools a plus
• Bachelor's degree
Note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in .pdf format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work