Associate Editor, Cosmo
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 3/14/2023 10:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Associate Editor, Cosmo jobs in New York-NY
Search all Associate Editor, Cosmo postings
Full Time Job
Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and Oprah Daily. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels-print, digital, video, and social-with sophisticated content creation, distribution, and data capabilities. We create, package, and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
Cosmopolitan is hiring an associate writer/editor to join our ''Flex Team.'' Think of the Flex Team as a nimble group of writers and editors who contribute stories across the brand's key traffic-driving and revenue-generating verticals. In other words, the Flex Team is Cosmo 's secret weapon-critical to our ability to maintain our status as the biggest young women's lifestyle brand in the world. (Yeah, that's a brag.) The associate editor will write and update stories across the lifestyle, style, beauty, entertainment, and sex & relationships verticals, deftly adapting to and implementing changes in SEO and e-commerce best practices.
The ideal candidate is someone with experience in an evolving digital environment, who truly enjoys writing stories across a variety of beats. The associate editor will report to the senior editor of the Flex Team.
Please note: For consideration, resumes just be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do:
• Write/update 5-7 stories a week that adhere to the brand's voice and editorial standards
• Prioritize SEO and e-commerce best practices in your work, learning from Cosmo's SEO manager and e-commerce manager
• Support search and commerce goals with a flexible mindset and the ability to change course quickly
Who you are:
• A clean writer with 2-3 years of digital experience, particularly across the lifestyle, beauty, style, entertainment, and sex & relationships beats
• An avid consumer of digital media (and a fan of Cosmo , of course!) who is familiar with how to craft compelling stories that answer search queries while maintaining a brand voice and POV
• An enthusiastic e-commerce strategist with a good eye and a commitment to inclusivity
• Acquainted with digital analytics tools, such as Google Analytics and Parsely
• Someone with excellent time-management skills who can write quickly without sacrificing quality
The base salary for this role is between $53,000 - $65,000. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as: transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Magazines will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.