Associate Director, Public Relations
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Hearst Magazines is looking for an enterprising, digitally-savvy Associate Director to oversee publicity for a few Hearst titles including Good Housekeeping. This person will work to build buzz and excitement around our brands on both the editorial and business sides, and will also contribute to larger initiatives and projects within Hearst and offer support to other magazine brands.
The ideal candidate has a keen sense of trends and newsworthy opportunities, as well as a deep interest in women's issues, current events, entertainment, media, and pop culture, and a proven track record of developing brand identity and elevating visibility.
• Promote brand in the editorial and business worlds, including brand extensions, print and digital initiatives, partnerships, and events
• Proactively work with editors, senior staff, and the publishers to come up with ideas that will generate buzz and create traction
• Stay ahead of the news cycle and remain vigilant of potential opportunities
• Create and maintain meaningful relationships with editors, bookers, publicists, and agents
• Generate high volume of results in business, trade, and consumer press and track results
• Act as a liaison with outside PR firms and other vendors
• Five to seven years of direct experience in media relations/PR, ideally within the media space
• Experienced writer with significant copyediting skills
• Deep understanding of the media landscape, including magazines, digital, and social
• Must be detail-obsessed
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple projects simultaneously
• Experience dealing with complex, dynamic situations and operating with grace under fire
• Bachelor's degree
For consideration, resumes must be submitted in .pdf format with a cover letter, and salary requirements.