Associate Content Strategist
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Hearst Magazines is looking for a media junkie who can help our content creators turn audience data into smart action plans. A member of the growing editorial insights team, the Associate Content Strategist will keep tabs on social media analytics, tracking and monitoring our audiences and content off platform, and guide our editors in IDing new content opportunities on our main social platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest) as well emerging apps and social tools.
This position works across our growing and diverse portfolio of 25 titles, including Cosmopolitan, Harper's Bazaar, Delish, Esquire, Men's Health, Oprah Mag and many more major consumer-focused brands that reach 250 million people each month. Partnering regularly with our audience development, product, editorial, and design teams, this person should be ready (and eager!) to roll up their sleeves and dig into the data that will help our brands ID new ways drive more conversation, grow our audiences, and navigate questions like:
-How can we track and measure the impact of new off-platform social experiences, such as IGTV?
-How can we boost followers on Instagram while still keeping our audience engagement up?
-What can we do to find new readers on Flipboard, SmartNews, or other third-party content apps?
• Work brand-focused strategists to create and deliver regular pacing and daily/weekly/monthly recaps that track against key editorial goals
• Stay on top of content trends and offer regular updates to the larger editorial group about new things to try
• Partner with the larger insights team and analyze daily and overall content performance for the whole portfolio, giving consistent feedback to the content strategists and social editors
• Work with editors to develop, test, and track innovative new editorial and social packaging experiments and share learnings to other teams across the org
• Troubleshoot issues with our centralized tools and help manage relationships with our current and future social and app partners
• At least two years working with social or other content distribution for a major media brand, ideally a lifestyle or news-focused publication
• Deep knowledge of social platforms and their scheduling tools and audience tracking functionalities, including but not limited to Facebook Insights, Instagram Insights, SocialFlow, Crowdtangle, and more
• Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously across multiple platforms and editorial topics (health, food, politics, etc)
• Strong knowledge of the digital/social/video editorial ecosystem and how it all works and is measured
• Highly communicative and capable of building strong relationships, helping to troubleshoot challenges or bring new ideas to life
• An inherently curious and strategic thinker that will work doggedly to connect the dots and be creative about it
• A lover of digital storytelling
• Bachelor's degree
Note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in .pdf format with a cover letter and salary requirements