Associate Commerce Editor
Hearst MagazinesBirmingham, AL
Full Time Job
Associate Commerce Editor, Country Living
Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, and Delish. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels-print, digital, video, and social-with sophisticated content creation, distribution, and data capabilities. We create, package, and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
About Country Living
Country Living delivers useful, actionable advice related to all the comforts of home (design, food, pets, gardening) alongside soulful and spirited how-tos that embrace slowing down and living well. Our ''small-town'' community of millions of highly engaged print, online, and social readers knows that how you live is more important than where you live, and that Country Living is a breath of fresh air delivered whenever, wherever you need it.
Country Living is looking to hire an SEO-savvy associate commerce editor with sharp, clean writing skills and a keen understanding of the brand voice. This position will work closely with Hearst's SEO and commerce teams, as well as with Country Living's editors, to write, edit, and produce ''best of'' product roundups and gift guides and cover relevant consumer news and sales. NOTE: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to your portfolio.
What you'll do:
• Write and/or update as many as five product-focused pieces of content (including slideshows, listicles, and articles) daily in a way that is voice-y, highly shareable, search-optimized, and smartly packaged for the Country Living audience.
• Track performance of commerce content in order to conceive, plan, and execute new areas of growth to increase affiliate commerce revenue.
• Stay on top of breaking news, consumer alerts, trends, new products, and the latest buzzy stuff happening in the product space.
• Contribute market work for gift guides.
• Write and project-manage copy for product-focused newsletters, videos, membership, and social campaigns as needed.
• Work with the photo, design, and video teams to optimize product stories with original imagery, graphics, video, and more.
Who you are:
• You have at least 2 to 3 years of relevant post-grad digital editorial experience, preferably with a strong background in commerce content.
• You are a strong writer, editor, and reporter who delivers clean, concise, and factually correct copy on deadline.
• You have good judgment as to what works to drive audience and engagement.
• You are a strategic thinker with a strong service-journalism sensibility and creative packaging ideas.
• You have a talent for digging up the coolest and most interesting products, as well as finding original reporting angles for consumer news.
• You not only understand analytics but can translate them into editorial action. You are familiar with Google Analytics, Looker, Skimlinks, or similar reporting tools.
• You are a whiz when it comes to SEO best practices.
• You have experience with or knowledge of video- or photo-editing platforms.
• You are curious, willing to roll up your sleeves, and keep pace with the constantly evolving digital landscape.
• You are both a self-starter and a team player who can keep up in a fast-paced environment.
• You have strong time management, communication, and interpersonal skills, and-above all-are fun(!) with a positive and professional attitude.
• You have a bachelor's degree or relevant experience.