Associate Business Manager, Hearst Originals
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
HDM is seeking a full-time Associate Business Manager to join its Hearst Originals video team. The role is responsible for helping create and managing production budgets, the timely processing of production invoices, and serving as the always prompt liaison between Los Angeles–based crews and NY–based Hearst HR, legal, and management teams.
The ideal candidate is both extremely detail oriented and comfortable working across multiple budgets and spreadsheets with an understanding of how they affect real-time decisions and staff. The role is based in the New York City office and may include once-a-quarter travel to the Santa Monica office.
• Manage weekly/monthly/quarterly production budgets across all Hearst Originals series
• Create monthly Hearst Original finance reports
• Maintain quarterly master budgets
• Final approver on freelance/temp timecards
• Final approver on production costs
• Enroll production vendors into Hearst AP system
• Work with HR to onboard part time staff and independent contractors
• Work with Legal to create contracts when needed
• Help hire freelance crew/talent
• Participate in production meetings with both internal and external teams
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of digital production budgeting and scheduling
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to streamline production workflow and work with key departmental leads to ensure quality and stay on schedule
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Maintain confidentiality over all matters and proprietary information
• Prioritize work to meet goals or deadlines
• Detail-oriented, flexible/adaptable
Candidates must submit their resume in .pdf format to be considered.