Associate Beauty Editor, Hearst Lifestyle Group
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Hearst Women's Lifestyle Group-Good Housekeeping, Woman's Day, and Prevention-is seeking an Associate Beauty Editor to contribute to the beauty editorial coverage of across all platforms. We're looking for someone who's obsessed with beauty, who can brainstorm fresh story ideas (including packaging) pertinent to each of the brands, research, write, and edit stories both large and small for print and digital from inception to completion in their distinct voices, and work with the respective art and photo teams to execute visuals.
Exceptional ideating, writing, and editing skills are essential, as are self-motivation, a positive, can-do attitude, and the ability to work at a rapid pace and meet tight deadlines.
The Associate Beauty Editor reports to the Beauty Director and works closely with each brand's team.
What you'll do:
• Pitch, write, edit, and produce print and digital content for the Hearst Women's Lifestyle Group titles Good Housekeeping, Woman's Day, and Prevention Magazines
• Liaise with each title's photo and art teams to produce visuals for stories
• Oversee and edit junior editors, including assistants and interns
• Represent the brands at market appointments and events
What you'll bring:
• At least three years' experience pitching, writing and editing beauty content for national print and/or digital magazine brand
• Passion for inclusive beauty coverage that speaks to our readers
• Contacts within the beauty industry
• Proficiency working in InCopy and CMS
• Bachelor's degree
Note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in .pdf format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work