Assistant Video Producer
Hearst MagazinesEaston, PA
Full Time Job
Assistant Video Producer, Enthusiast Group
The Enthusiast Group (Popular Mechanics, Bicycling Magazine, Runner's World) is looking for an Assistant Video Producer to oversee multiple projects across digital platforms. You will use your experience in new media to produce compelling content for our team. The Enthusiast Group's video team is dedicated to creating and distributing original video content for all platforms including YouTube, TikTok, Instagram, Snap, and our own website.
What you'll do
• Assist in developing and producing (shooting and editing) original videos and series for the Popular Mechanics, Runner's World, and Bicycling Magazine brands across multiple platforms
• Help manage multiple production schedules, from pre-production to publish
• Regularly pitch and develop new ideas with our team and have a demonstrated passion and curiosity for events, places, products, and experiences that are memorable, quirky, and awe-inducing
• Contribute to the overall vision and development of all projects
• Work on multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
Who you are
• Proficient with Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and other Creative Suite products
• Obsessive knowledge of the digital video landscape and a keen understanding of the competition
• Thrive both collaboratively in a group and also have the discipline and organization to work independently
• Have excellent organizational and time management skills-ability to perform in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment, and think quickly and strategically to meet tight deadlines
• Able to see multiple projects as a whole and ensure that all parts are moving well
• Understand digital video strategy for YouTube, TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, and Snap
Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels - print, digital, video and social – with sophisticated content creation, distribution and data capabilities. We create, package and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.