Assistant To The General Manager, Good Housekeeping Institute
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/14/2023 12:11:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Search for Assistant To The General Manager, Good Housekeeping Institute jobs in New York-NY
Search all Assistant To The General Manager, Good Housekeeping Institute postings
Full Time Job
Hearst Magazines' portfolio of more than 25 powerful brands in the U.S.-including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics-inspires, entertains, and builds new and bold experiences for an engaged and growing audience across digital, video, social, and print, reaching nearly 139 million readers and site visitors each month. With sophisticated content creation, cutting-edge technology, and industry-leading data capabilities, we make media and products that move people across all platforms.
We are a global media company that publishes nearly 260 magazine editions and 200 websites around the world and, together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
The Good Housekeeping Institute is looking for a motivated, self-starter to join its team as the Assistant to the General Manager. This critical role will primarily support the GM with operations, logistics and other administrative duties. The ideal candidate is hyper-organized, efficient and quick to respond to a wide variety of tasks. They have an interest in HR, project management, consumer trends and research, event coordination, stake holder relations and related tasks. They possess an eagerness to support a wide variety of projects on a high-performing cross-functional, multi-disciplinary team that collaborates deeply with many groups within Hearst. This position reports to Good Housekeeping Institute General Manager.
What you'll do:
• Support day-to-day operations and logistics, managing calendars and expenses, scheduling events and meetings, tracking and organizing projects, preparing presentations, coordinating tours and space bookings, plus other related tasks.
• Provide pre-meeting research as needed for interviews/outside events, TV segments, photo and video shoots and more.
• Execute general admin and HR responsibilities to support the Institute team, including people onboarding and accounts payable.
• Assist with product sample procurement and prep for in-lab and consumer testing, getting product samples ready for consumer trials, liaising with PR contacts for images and fact-checking, blinding and sending out products, coordinating consumer testers, prepping and organizing labs, post-test clean-up,
• and building online product reviews.
• Coordinate consumer research projects and surveys, assisting with data collection and creating research reports.
• Update/audit content for print, digital and events as needed.
Who you are:
• Bachelor's degree in science, communications or journalism
• Organized, deadline-driven person willing to push the envelope and work hard
• Team player who wants to learn from others with an ability to juggle competing projects simultaneously and work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
• Skilled in time- and project-management, and solving problems
• Excellent oral communications skills and ability to respond in a timely manner
• Passionate about science, technology, consumer products, research methods, data, analytics, storytelling, social media, publishing, trends and news
• Experience with basic HTML, content management systems, blogging systems, and other software like PowerPoint and Excel
• Familiarity with data and analytics platforms is a plus, including website data or audience data and tools such as Omniture, Chartbeat, Google Analytics, etc.
• Sound judgment and discretion (need to handle confidential material)
• Prior experience with administrative duties in a related role.
The base salary for this role is $60,000. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.