Assistant Food Editor, Food Network Magazine
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/11/2022 11:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Assistant Food Editor, Food Network Magazine jobs in New York-NY
Search all Assistant Food Editor, Food Network Magazine postings
Full Time Job
Food Network Magazine is looking for an assistant editor to join its food department. This person, who will report to the food director, is responsible for generating fun feature ideas and openers, as well as checking recipes for accuracy and style. The candidate must be organized, professional, and detail-oriented with a clear passion for food and food media. Our ideal candidate has 1 year consumer magazine or digital experience in the food/lifestyle genre.
For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you will do:
• Generate fun story ideas, pitch and write copy for Calendar page, Recipe Index, section openers, various food features and columns.
• Monitor, oversee and organize recipe content, including recipe database.
• Transfer and style recipe files into the magazine's publishing system.
• Check edited recipes against original recipes from test kitchens and assist with recipe research.
• Provide assistance as needed for cookbooks and other projects.
• Field reader recipe inquiries.
• Handle various administrative tasks, such as expense reports
Who you are:
• Minimum 1 year consumer magazine experience in the food/lifestyle genre
• Detail-oriented, creative and energetic team player
• A clear passion for food and food media
• Bachelor's degree in English, journalism or related field
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Magazines will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.