Assistant Editor, Runner's World & Bicycling
Hearst MagazinesCenter Valley, PA
This was removed by the employer on 8/12/2020 11:11:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Assistant Editor, Runner's World & Bicycling jobs in Center Valley-PA
Search all Assistant Editor, Runner's World & Bicycling postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Assistant Editor, Runner's World & Bicycling? Your Impact
The Assistant Editor is someone who can quickly identify the latest trends and buzzworthy news to keep our cycling and running brands, Bicycling and Runner's World, feeling fresh and current. This person will be responsible for originating and creating a high volume of buzzy, lively, funny, authentic topical stories arising from each sport's culture, personalities, events, and gear scene, as well as working on longer and more in-depth service stories, and gear roundups.
NOTE: For us to consider you, please submit your resume in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to your portfolio.
What You'll Do
• Work with the Deputy Editor and to originate, plan, create, and publish cycling and running-oriented content in line with performance metrics
• Stay abreast of developments, quickly jump on breaking news, keep an eye on the latest trends, write about new gear, and the latest in all aspects of cycling and running
• Work on search driven stories and sections or stories for Bicycling and Runner's World magazines, as needed
• Hit every deadline. Crush every metric
Who You Are
• You have at least one year of professional, post-graduate experience writing content, reporting, blogging, or fact-checking in a fast-paced environment; bonus points if that was in cycling, running, or active media
• You have an affinity for cycling and running (though a deep passion for just one is fine!)
• You have the ability to write fast, fun, clean, and SEO-centric copy
• You're familiar with social media and can track news and spot stories to write about
• You have the ability to take feedback from multiple parties and manage fast-changing priorities
• You can manage multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
• You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Must be able to work flexible hours as needed This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.