Assistant Editor, Country Living
Hearst MagazinesBirmingham, AL
Full Time Job
Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, and Popular Mechanics. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels-print, digital, video and social-with sophisticated content creation, distribution and data capabilities. We create, package and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
About Country Living
Country Living delivers useful, actionable advice related to all the comforts of home (design, food, pets, gardening) alongside soulful and spirited how-tos that embrace slowing down and living well. Our ''small-town'' community of millions of highly engaged print, online, and social readers knows that how you live is more important than where you live, and that Country Living is a breath of fresh air delivered whenever, wherever you need it.
The Assistant Editor will serve as a vital part of all platforms of the brand, including CountryLiving.com. You should have extensive knowledge about homes and style trends and products, pop culture, a love for all things social, and a knack for crafts.
For consideration, please submit your resume in .pdf format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to your portfolio.
What you'll do:
• Pitch and write story and gallery ideas for CountryLiving.com.
• Create original content for social media and manage CL's social feeds.
• Work with our SEO team on audience strategy and development.
• Some editing, and some administrative work for the CL team, as needed.
• Create crafting content to work across all platforms.
Who you are:
• You have at least one year of professional, postgraduate editorial experience, ideally in the lifestyle space.
• You have a bachelor's degree or relevant experience.
• You have an understanding of SEO, analytics, and social media platforms.
• You are curious, willing to roll up your sleeves, and keeping pace with the constantly evolving digital landscape.
• You are a self-starter with enthusiasm for home design and crafts, organized with a sharp attention to detail, and a team player who can keep up in a fast-paced environment.
• You have strong time-management, communication, and interpersonal skills, and-above all-are fun(!) with a positive and professional attitude.