Art Assistant, Elle
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 4/5/2023 3:11:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Search for Art Assistant, Elle jobs in New York-NY
Search all Art Assistant, Elle postings
Full Time Job
Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines' portfolio of more than 25 powerful brands in the U.S. - including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics - inspires, entertains and builds new and bold experiences for an engaged and growing audience across digital, video, social and print, reaching nearly 139 million readers and site visitors each month. With sophisticated content creation, cutting-edge technology and industry-leading data capabilities, we make media and products that move people across all platforms.
We are a global media company that publishes nearly 260 magazine editions and 200 websites around the world and, together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
Elle is looking for an ambitious, organized art assistant to join our design team. This person should have a passion for design and photography, as well as an interest in fashion and culture. In addition to providing administrative support for the art team, you will have the opportunity to design layouts for the magazine and online features. You will play a key role in keeping the team organized as they see editorial projects through, and see every part of the process of putting together a strong visual story.
What you'll do
• Provide administrative support to the design team, including the design director and art director
• Assist with key production tasks for digital and print, including maintaining the layout wall and preparing materials for meetings with the editor-in-chief
• Research type, illustrators, photography and design reference material
• Design pages for the front-of-the book, as well as digital packages
• Collaborate with the editors and the photo department to select and place art
• Ship pages according to the magazine's monthly schedule
Who you are
• A college graduate with a graphic design degree, and intern or assistant experience at a relevant brand or agency
• Someone with a strong interest in fashion, photography, and design
• A skilled multitasker who can see projects through under tight deadlines
• A strategic, creative thinker and self-starter who can bring fresh, innovative ideas to life in a fast-paced team environment
• Fluent in the full Adobe Creative Suite including After Effects. Experience with Figma is a plus.
• Experience with InCopy, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Teams), Keynote, Google Drive (Slides, Docs), Zoom, and comfortable building files, troubleshooting existing systems, and learning new programs and software quickly
The base salary for this role is between $50,000 and $52,000. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as: transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.