Aftermarket Sales Director
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Hearst Autos business unit is seeking a National Advertising Director, Aftermarket with an entrepreneurial spirit who will be responsible for ad sales strategy and revenue generation within the Auto-Aftermarket category. The ideal candidate must have a proven track record of success in generating cross-platform advertising sales within the automotive space. He/she must be a motivated self-starter who is inventive and entrepreneurial in their approach to generating business with strong internal communication skills and ability to work collaboratively across the organization.
He/She must be well-versed in managing a sales team and must have a strong understanding of print, online strategy, marketplace positioning, and collaborative leadership. As Hearst moves increasingly into large-scale content programs, extensive experience in enterprise selling is critical, as is deep knowledge of how the social web works today.
Leveraging the authority of Car and Driver and Road & Track along with the scale of Hearst Magazine's portfolio of brands, he/she will help leverage marketing, qualitative and quantitative information to successfully formulate integrated sales solutions for automotive aftermarket brands looking to enhance their business with (and relevance amongst) readers in America today.
In addition, ideal candidate will be a proven and accomplished sales professional with strong client relationships and industry partnerships that leads to positive results in revenue. The ideal candidate should have a strong command of written and verbal communication, be a deal maker, and have a proven track record of success in integrated, automotive ad sales. The candidate should be comfortable with new advertising models (social engagement and acceleration, branded content solutions, selling through syndicated & distributed content, etc), as well being able to build a collaborative relationship with various editorial and brand leaders.
Traveling to meet with clients, develop contacts, attend industry trade shows and events is expected.
• Attain established revenue goals through innovative, creative and strategic selling.
• Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to create effective client solutions and manage deal development.
• Manage and grow existing national client base.
• Develop new business through contacts and prospecting.
• In addition to a direct book of business, he/she will be responsible for overseeing the national aftermarket-category sales, managing a team of existing salespeople's efforts within the category.
• Handle all phases of the selling cycle through to close and regularly report accurate revenue projections.
• Partner with SVP, National Director of Sales, and Marketing teams to create marketing programs and monitor overall strategy to drive advertising and revenue objectives.
• Must have a minimum of 8 years of experience in integrated media sales, including four years in a leadership position.
• Must have a minimum of 3 years in enterprise selling, and be comfortable in a long-term sales cycle.
• Demonstrated success crafting interactive brand strategies resulting in robust digital ad sales for an online destination(s).
• Proven track record translating marketing and promotional objectives into results for advertisers.
• Track record of structuring and managing complex negotiations to successful closure.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment with grace under pressure.
• A self-starter who instinctively takes charge, has a positive 'team player' approach, and is comfortable in a dynamic and rapidly evolving environment.
• Analytical/strategic thinker, creative problem solver, roll-up sleeves resourceful, able to effect innovation and creativity.
• An individual who works well within a corporate and creative environment.
• Deep list of industry contacts and positive relationships with ad agencies/marketing executives at the client level.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• BA/BS or equivalent experience