Advertising Sales Assistant, Direct Media
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Hearst Direct Media is seeking an Advertising Sales Assistant to support all seven account managers, and the VP of the Direct Media corporate sales team. This person has an interest in pursuing a career in integrated media (print & digital), sales and/or marketing and will attain a deep understanding of how the elements come together. The position offers the opportunity to take a deeper dive into the role of direct response advertising sales. Our ideal candidate will have an interest in media, be enthusiastic, organized, diplomatic, eager to learn and be a team player.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assisting in preparation for sales calls and internal meetings
• Will serve as a liaison to individual Hearst brands, Hearst digital media and all ad partners
• Opportunities to interface with clients and brands
• Organize media and/or edit days, and will coordinate events and entertainment functions
• Long term projects include managing account lists, client mailing/email lists, reading trade papers, competitive and spending reports etc.
• Opportunity to work with marketing teams to managing added value programs once the opportunity is sold.
• Ability to participate in brainstorming meetings for proposals and programs.
• Will work with all departments such as media services, research, marketing on RFP's.
• Write status reports on key accounts as needed, will help organize/edit presentations.
• The advertising coordinator will handle all day to day administrative tasks (e.g.: travel planning and reservations, generate expense reports, order office supplies, manage subscriptions, special projects as they arise, etc.)
Experience, knowledge, skills required:
• Ability to multitask, work well under pressure, can work collaboratively as well as independently. Someone who can take ownership and be proud of their work.
• Knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, Salesforce and Media Radar are extremely helpful.
• Must have experience (internship or full time) within a media company, preferably with exposure to advertising sales.
• Ideal candidate will be available to start by mid-July at the latest.