Activation Production Manager, Digital Advertising
Hearst MagazinesEaston, PA
Full Time Job
We are currently seeking an organized, analytically-minded, creative, motivated Activation Production Manager to join our Hearst Digital Media advertising team. In this position, you will lead the execution of custom advertising programs built in partnership between Hearst Magazines and our advertising clients. In this role, you will spearhead and efficiently manage the design, production and launch of custom display advertising units and products across Hearst's digital properties. You will collaborate closely with key internal teams across Sales Activation, Design, Ad Operations and Ad Product Marketing to ensure seamless executions and optimal ad unit experiences that meet our client's KPIs and objectives.
This role will be based in Hearst's brand new office located in Easton, PA.
What you'll do
• Support and partner with Activation Management team on large custom advertising programs that include custom high-impact ad units to advise on ad creative type, design and format to ensure client KPIs are met through campaign flight.
• Independently lead smaller high-impact custom ad unit campaigns that do not include Activation Management involvement.
• Prepare client-facing documents including program kick-off call materials, production timelines, spec sheets, etc.
• Communicate and partner with internal teams (i.e. Sales, Marketing, Design, Copy, Social, Legal) and third-party vendors to create custom ad products to ensure that campaigns launch on time, creatives are built and approved based on what was sold and third party tags are implemented accurately, when applicable.
• Gather and verify required assets for ad product creation from external clients, and work with HearstMade Design team to build ad products using Hearst systems as needed (internal CMS, Google Ad Manager, Celtra, Spotible, etc.)
• Summarize, analyze and share results throughout campaigns to ensure performance benchmarks are met or exceeded.
• Maintain expert understanding of our ad products and capabilities (i.e. audience extension, research, social strategy, new products, etc). Partners with related teams (Audience Development, Yield/Inventory and Ad Product) in post-sale optimizations as needed.
• Ensure all campaign detail aligns between the media plan, agency IO and Adpoint order and maintain this alignment throughout the campaign lifecycle
• Liaise with Finance and Optimization Managers as needed to close monthly billing accurately
• Work with Data/Analytics and Marketing Teams to produce Final Reporting and Campaign Recaps
Who you are
• BA/BS degree – Communications or related field preferred
• 1-2 years of successful experience with project management, trafficking and creative design builds in digital advertising sector
• Knowledge of standard web applications, rich web technologies with basic knowledge of HTML, JS, Flash, HTML5
• You have the ability to use/navigate Google Ad Manager and Celtra along with Google Analytics
• Previous Agency Experience Or Internship Experience Preferred
• Strong organizational skills and eye for detail
• Ability to juggle multiple projects at one time and execute against firm deadlines
• Strong relationship building and communication skills
• Expertise with QA tools and methodology
• Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
• Basic knowledge of Spotible
• Understanding of project management platforms such as Monday
• You may have experience with Monday, Google Analytics, Google Ad Manager, Spotible
Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels - print, digital, video and social – with sophisticated content creation, distribution and data capabilities. We create, package and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.