Senior Manager, Content Marketing
HeadgumNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Senior Manager, Content Marketing (NYC or LA)
Headgum is searching for a Senior Manager, Content Marketing for Gumball.fm, our podcast ad marketplace. Reporting into the VP of Marketing, you will be primarily responsible for driving interest and education in Gumball.fm by delivering multi-platform content that grows Gumball's organic footprint and moves the business - driving leads (both creators and advertisers) and engagement across all audiences.
You will have the opportunity to drive real business impact, own strategy, and lead projects from start to finish across our website, blog, social, and more. You are part writer, part strategist, part project manager, and most importantly, you get things done.
You're a person with a passion for creating compelling content, a knack for writing, with just the right amount of wit and sass. You're an independent contributor looking to join a small, but mighty cross-functional team. Plus you're a hard-working podcast junkie who gets your fix by helping connect artists and brands with a loyal and growing audience.
When applying, please provide a link to your portfolio.
This position is based in Los Angeles or New York City. Open to remote work.
Headgum is a leading comedy podcast network and advertising marketplace with an emphasis on host-read ads. We are a small startup team with bright ideas that likes to move fast and have fun. Forward thinking and tech savvy, we're looking to add creative, intelligent members who are looking to face any challenge the industry may present. Join us and build the future of on-demand audio.
• Create and execute organic marketing (social media, blog, newsletter) strategies at brand and campaign level, including social media copywriting and content calendar creation
• Generate ideas that position Gumball (and Headgum) as a thought leader in the audio advertising world.
• Work with in-house designer and video producers to create content that drives awareness, engagement and customer acquisition for Gumball.
• Ideate and lead influencer marketing and advocacy engagement strategy; identify relevant podcast hosts and brands for content partnership opportunities
• Participate in social listening and build engaging content based on what's buzzing
• Recommend tools to monitor online trends and brings Gumball into online conversations around relevant moments or hashtags
• Analyze performance of organic pages and craft reporting strategy; communicating this analysis and findings to relevant internal groups
• Build and create content strategy with goals to drive brand awareness, leads, web traffic, and business growth
• At least 4-6 years of experience in content marketing, social media (specifically Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok), and community engagement
• Nuanced understanding of each platform, including how to optimize copy and content and implement audience growth best practices
• Experience in analyzing and reporting on the effectiveness of organic content and campaigns
• Clear and concise written and oral communication skills
• You are an excellent writer with a deep and diverse portfolio of work to prove it
• Love both high-level strategy and hands-on writing and editing for web and mobile experiences
• Use both strong written and analytical skills to create compelling content and analyze how best to structure & optimize our digital presence to aggressively drive leads and engagement with our content.
• Understanding of SEO best practices, experience with developing and executing on SEO strategies that drive meaningful results (Preferred)
• A motivated self starter who takes initiative on new ideas
• Passionate about podcasting, startups, & technology