Podcast Content Coordinator
HeadgumLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Headgum is searching for a Podcast Content Coordinator to join our expanding team. The Podcast Content Coordinator's primary responsibility is to help grow the Headgum roster and brand by supporting our efforts to create and launch new podcasts, while also assisting with existing shows. This role melds the creative, operational and administrative. As a member of the Content team, you'll collaborate with internal stakeholders to tease out original ideas, scout for the best and brightest new talent, and keep up to date on all things comedy podcasts. You'll also be working closely with our Sales and Production teams to support branded content needs and oversee a seamless transition from ideation to execution. This is a role for someone who is hyper-organized and loves detail work; who's comfortable juggling multiple projects at once; and who's hungry to learn and contribute to the future of podcasting.
Los Angeles or New York based preferred.
Headgum is a leading comedy podcast network and advertising marketplace with an emphasis on host-read ads. We are a small startup team with bright ideas that likes to move fast and have fun. Forward thinking and tech savvy, we're looking to add creative, intelligent members who are looking to face any challenge the industry may present. Join us and build the future of on-demand audio.
• Assist with production tracking and project management for podcasts by working with producers and editors across our portfolio.
• Assist with scheduling meetings and managing pitch materials for all content development, interfacing with talent, agents, and lawyers.
• Facilitate thoughtful and efficient development via tracking docs, proactively documenting new ideas and exciting talent (with or without existing podcasts).
• Collaborate with producers for guest booking, researching, writing, planning, and coordinating as our podcasts get made.
• Work with the sales and production teams to ensure all releases and advertisements are working in tandem.
• Create visual decks to share with agents, talent, and advertisers. Experience with Adobe Suite and Keynote required.
• Assist with podcast marketing and promotion, creating shareable assets, tracking docs, and any ad hoc materials needed.
• Assisting with remote and in-studio recording sessions when needed.
• At least 1-2 years in production, development, or project management with an audio or media company, or related life experience. Agency or management company experience a plus.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and writing skills.
• Strong negotiation skills to get to yes, and understand when to say no.
• Acumen within the podcasting industry and on-demand audio.
• Experience with Adobe Suite, Powerpoint, Keynote, and Google Slides required.
• Familiarity with audio editing softwares, Audition preferred.
• A strong attention to detail.
• A motivated self starter who takes initiative on new ideas.
• Passionate about podcasting and all things comedy.
• Familiarity with Adobe Premiere a plus.