Vice President, Legal Affairs
This was removed by the employer on 1/27/2021 5:15:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Vice President, Legal Affairs jobs in Camden-NJ
Search all Vice President, Legal Affairs postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Vice President, Legal Affairs? Vice President, Legal Affairs - 76ers
Position Summary: The Vice President, Legal Affairs needs to be highly motivated, client-focused, principled and organized, and able to communicate efficiently and effectively with internal clients across a wide array of functions, seniority levels and experience backgrounds. The Vice President, Legal Affairs must be tactical and able to assess risk in light of business objectives.
However, just as importantly, our organization requires a Vice President, Legal Affairs that is highly strategic – able to solve complex issues with both a business and legal focus; able to propose thoughtful and thorough solutions and recommendations; able to anticipate and address not only problems but opportunities.
In addition to typical day-to-day responsibilities of being in-house counsel for a professional sports and entertainment enterprise, the position will be tasked with playing an integral role in assessing and negotiating complex acquisitions,
joint ventures, restructurings, capital raises and similar projects as HBSE's portfolio grows. As this evolution occurs, the Vice President, Legal Affairs will participate in setting and maintaining focus on the organization's priorities.
As an executive, the Vice President, Legal Affairs needs to be focused on leadership, not just within the legal function but across the organization. His or her authenticity and impeccable judgment should be evident. He or she must be comfortable with accountability and willing to state a definitive position when asked for guidance. And given HBSE's fast-paced environment, the Vice President, Legal Affairs should expect, and thrive on, a somewhat unpredictable and demanding schedule as compared to typical in-house positions.
include, but are not limited to the following:
• Participate as a member of the 76ers' leadership team, including coordination with the 76ers C-Suite Executives as well as the GC including strategic and business responsibilities in partnership with the leadership team.
• Play an integral role in M&A and Financing deal work across the HBSE portfolio.
• Lead the day-to-day legal affairs of the Philadelphia 76ers.
• Act as first-line-of-defense for all internal clients (i.e., the entire organization).
• Manage the drafting, negotiation and/or administration of business contracts covering sponsorships, ticketing, media rights, marketing/promotion, IP licensing, employment, real estate (owned and leased), service providers, merchandise, events.
• Advise on organizational and corporate matters (such as interpretation of governing documents), as well as assisting on equity/debt financings and refinancing's.
• Advise Basketball Operations on CBA compliance, player issues, vendor contracts and occasional player contract matters.
• Partner with Human Resources regarding employee issues (including hiring and terminations), training, policies, benefit programs, compliance with applicable employment laws, and similar matters.
• Coordinate with NBA on legal matters (inflow and outflow).
• Work with Legal team and charitable directors to implement and operate HBSE Foundation.
• Advise on compliance issues and implementing best practices, including relating to all NBA rules and Federal, state (PA/NJ/DE) and local (Philadelphia, Camden) law.
• Manage litigation matters, including coordination with outside counsel and insurance carriers, as applicable.
• Materially support (and, in certain instances, lead) the foregoing across HBSE's other portfolio companies, including the New Jersey Devils/Prudential Center.
(educational, experience and basic knowledge requirements):
• JD degree from accredited law school; bar admission; excellent academic credentials.
• 8 years' relevant experience and demonstrated success advising clients at a law firm and/or an in-house position.
• Industry experience in Sports preferred.
• Flexibility to travel from Camden to Newark. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.