VP, Social & Editorial Content, Brand Marketing
HBONew York, NY
Full Time Job
Located in New York or LA and reporting to the SVP, Brand Marketing, this position will be responsible for the editorial vision of HBO and HBO Max digital/social content, as well as HBO.com, while leading and developing a team that informs, entertains, and empowers our audience. This key leadership role will work with internal stakeholders throughout WarnerMedia to craft a cohesive brand POV across all platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tik Tok, Twitter, Pinterest, podcasts and digital audio hubs. The ideal candidate has extensive digital/social and publishing experience including content production and an understanding of audience behaviors, and the proven ability to navigate and lead a team through the changing media landscape. The position requires a leader who is agile and can communicate clearly and effectively.
• Set the strategy and lead content development for the editorial and production teams.
• Lead team and agencies to create compelling, culturally resonant content for social, digital, and emerging platforms to meet our expanding audiences.
• Leverage audience data and insights to make informed decisions for new content strategies and campaigns.
• Define and oversee the various owned channel and social profiles roles within the digital ecosystem.
• Expand the brand voice and presence of HBO Max in the digital/social space.
• Partner closely with internal stakeholders across Program Marketing, PR, and Growth to develop, execute, and deliver on priorities.
• Build a team and culture in line with the organization's values.
• Oversee AORs and content marketing investments.
• 12 years relevant digital/social experience at an entertainment company, publisher or agency is preferred.
• 5 years building, managing and coaching teams.
• A creative portfolio of proven work with an ability to generate and develop new ideas.
• Demonstration of outstanding creative and editorial judgment and a forward-thinking attitude.
• Ability to think outside the box, innovate, and lead the team through testing and learning.
• Superior leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Desire to work in a fast paced environment.
• Interest in, and knowledge of, HBO, HBO Max programming, and streaming entertainment category is preferred.
The Nice to Haves
• curiosity, passion, strong storytelling ability, diligent, innovative thinking, skilled collaborator, positive attitude, not afraid to experiment and fail, and a passion for entertainment and pop culture.