VP, Partner Marketing
HBOCulver City, NY
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Culver City
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.HBO is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming to 140 million subscribers globally. A subsidiary of WarnerMedia, HBO is the world's most successful pay TV service with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable titles to be on television, including drama series Succession®, Watchmen®, Westworld®, Big Little Lies®, Game of Thrones®, The Sopranos®, Band of Brothers® and The Wire®, as well as comedy series Barry®, Insecure® and Sex and the City®. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
This Vice President position is part of WarnerMedia's Sales and Distribution (S&D) Department. The VP, Partner Marketing is responsible for the strategic vision and tactical execution of promotional efforts with distribution partners to drive value for the WarnerMedia portfolio (HBO Max, Cinemax, tbs, TNT, CNN, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim).
The VP will work in close collaboration with MVPD Sales & Distribution teams to develop initiatives that support overall WarnerMedia subscriber, revenue, activation and engagement goals. The VP will lead a highly skilled team responsible for the planning and implementation of account specific marketing initiatives. The successful candidate will be a strong performance driven marketer with a deep understanding of the Pay TV and media landscape.
• Drive overall development and implementation of account-specific marketing plans that align with subscriber and revenue targets
• Lead the development of performance tracking and analysis for partner campaigns and drive optimization of partner marketing mix to improve return on investment and cost per activation
• Work with Data Science to quantify impact of key initiatives and identify new opportunities for growth
• Serve as the primary contact on all subject matters related to Partner Marketing strategy and initiatives
• Develop and leverage an in-depth understanding of HBO Max subscribers, specific to partners, in order to cultivate data-driven strategies that drive KPIs.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key marketing contacts and decision-makers across assigned partners
• Collaborate cross-functionally with S&D partner marketing teams including brand-facing, creative and POS teams to develop and maximize marketing initiatives with assigned partners
• Cultivate and manage relationships with internal stakeholders including Partner Management, various WarnerMedia marketing groups, Business Planning, Legal and Partner Operations. Maintain a constant flow of information between teams that is critical to the day-to-day business.
• 10 years marketing experience within media industry
• Acquisition marketing experience, with experience in performance marketing preferred
• Direct experience with MVPD and vMVPD operators preferred
• Proven history of driving successful and quantifiable promotional campaigns and programs
• In-depth understanding of the multiple facets of marketing (buying behaviors, strategic planning, analysis and measurement specific to media, creative development and execution across mediums)
• Confident leader who can prioritize well and communicate clearly, both verbal and written, across all levels of the organization with a proven ability to influence others
• Takes action with strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.