Technical Program Manager I, Release - HBO Max
HBO MaxNew York, WA
Full Time Job
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
HBO Max is where storytelling takes center stage and where creatives find a home with the support and resources to do their best work, no matter the genre or format. Whatever the viewer wants to watch is front and center and more of what they crave is easily discovered. It is where our exclusive HBO Max Originals and iconic entertainment brands thrive, with HBO, Warner Bros., DC, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network and more delivering the greatest array of series, movies and specials for audiences of all ages. HBO Max launched in the US in May 2020 and will launch in Latin America and Europe during 2021.
Join us. Shape your story here.
HBO Service Corporation seeks a Technical Program Manager I for the Code Labs Engineering department.
As Technical Release Manager the ideal candidate will know their process for releasing software globally, and be passionate about using, modeling, and teaching that process thereby increasing their teammate's productivity. Should be able to influence the quality bar of the product in an organization where the quality bar is owned by engineer and design. As a Release Manager, you will know how to make the rational and thoughtful tradeoffs required in order to deliver a global product while maintaining a healthy team and healthy business relationships.
The successful candidate will work closely with internal and external platform teams, Product Management, Design, Product Developments, Business Managers, Marketing and the leadership team to release WarnerMedia's global strategic direct-to-consumer streaming experiences. This global client portfolio spans mobile, connected televisions, and desktop clients. In close partnership with Program Managers, development and leadership, the Release Manager will work to help define new release and change-management processes, work with external Client partners, and clearly communicate status of releases to all stakeholders. The ideal candidate will embrace our Product-Focused culture and development philosophy by actively involving and engaging the entire team to drive Collaborative Cross-Functional solutions. Our product-development teams work with Release Managers to help scale our global delivery of our many platforms and help Warner Media achieve our goals. To this end, the successful candidate must possess strong negotiation and cross-functional communication skills.
• Organize Releases, track and manage risks to Release timelines and drive resolutions
• Define and evolve existing frameworks for release management activities such as flighting, feature tracking, app store submissions, SLAs with stakeholders based on data analysis and more. Then drive alignment across all stakeholders
• Work with cross-functional team leadership to establish goals and milestones that align with our requirements, raise risks and dependencies, and drive towards cross-team collaborative solutions
• Work with development teams to identify roadblocks before they occur and help develop mitigating plans of action
• Communicate the impact of feature or schedule changes to teams that are potentially affected
• Communicate how product-level goals fit into, and are influenced by, larger divisional goals, and how the team's work impacts the success or failure of the division
• Identify and document the requirements for a Release and get stakeholder sign-off
• 1+ years of experience on multiple technical projects with a track record of success in delivering global services and applications
• A minimum of 1 year prior release management experience with strong knowledge in releasing clients via external partners (Apple, Amazon, Roku, Samsung, Google and Sony) on variety of platforms including legal entity setup and global application deployment
• Ideally, 1years of experience working with large scale data collection, processing, analysis systems
• Strong understanding of cloud based application development, agile driven processes that includes CI/CD, Branching and Code versioning
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including negotiation and problem resolution in a cross-functional team
• Strong understanding of development methodologies including waterfall, agile, and scaled agile
• Able to clearly, concisely, and regularly communicate status, issues, and risks to project stakeholders
• Able to function effectively and consistently when faced with frequently changing and sometimes ambiguous or competing priorities
• Familiarity working with experimentation, feature flighting, or A/B testing from an engineering team, or business perspective
• Systems thinking and a strong sense of ownership to drive complex programs with interdependencies that require definition from the ground up
• Emotional intelligence to lead through influence, while building a culture of teamwork and inclusiveness
• Participates in change management practices by maintaining a release repository and release notifications
• Ability to travel up to once a quarter
The Nice to Haves
• Entertainment or media industry experience
• Experience with Jenkins and Github is a plus
• Familiar with slack, email, web conferencing, Jira/Confluence
• Ability to learn new development and productivity tools in order to continuously improve effectiveness
• Understanding of localization processes
• Bachelor's Degree or an advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or a related field preferred; software development experience is a plus
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.