Summer Intern - Hbomax Technical Program Manager
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Technical Program Manager Intern
• Shape the future: Work on HBO Max, the new WarnerMedia digital direct-to-consumer entertainment platform, and have an audience of millions.
• Develop with the cutting edge: Use the latest technology to provide customers the best user experience possible as they enjoy award-winning content.
• Surround yourself with the best: Join a dynamic, innovative team of engineers.
Build the Future of Streaming Media
If you want to experience a fast-paced team that will be on the ground floor for the future of digital entertainment, this is the place for you. WarnerMedia is launching HBO Max, an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service that will bring together the breadth and depth of WarnerMedia's broadcast and cable TV; film studios; interactive and immersive content; distinguished news and entertainment reporting; and much, much more all in one digital destination, HBO Max!
We are looking for intern technical program managers to join us in building the future of WarnerMedia and its flagship product, HBO Max. By working on our team, you can say you helped to deliver the very best streaming platform in the world!
As a Technical Program Manager Intern, you will
Work with creative development teams and help drive ambiguous product requirements into a well thought out design. You will experience working cross-functionally with Product Management, Experience Design, Quality Assurance, Engineering, and Release Management to deliver features that provide value to HBO Max customers. You will have the opportunity to work with other Technical Program Managers to learn about feature definition and breakdown, execution planning, tracking, and communicating with teams & leaders.To this end, you must be passionate about developing strong negotiation and cross-functional communication skills.
In this role, you will:
• Gather requirements and elaboration (starting from just a problem statement), including acceptance criteria
• Translate business requirements to technical requirements that are ready for consumption by a cross functional team
• Participate in creating a tactical roadmap development for your assigned technology/subject-matter domain
• Ensuring features are aligned to KPIs and/or contain quality indicators
• Participate in release readiness planning
• Participate in the team's backlog refinement
To be successful in this role, you will need:
• Excellent written and verbal communication with technical and non-technical staff.
• Participate in setting goals with clear expectations and prioritizing activities.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including negotiation and problem resolution in a cross-functional team.
• Familiarity with development methodologies including waterfall and agile.
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office or G-suite productivity software
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others. Warner Media is part of AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T).
The Internship Programs are designed to offer undergraduate and select graduate students the opportunity to learn how we provide programming for the cable industry and distribute entertainment content around the world. The programs will include Orientation, Project HBO, Speaker Series, Social Activities, Learning and Development Workshops, a Farewell Lunch, and more.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. HBO welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.