Summer Intern - Accessibility
This was removed by the employer on 2/9/2021 6:33:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Summer Intern - Accessibility jobs in Remote-US
Search all Summer Intern - Accessibility postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Summer Intern - Accessibility? The Accessibility team is responsible for ensuring the HBO Max product works well for all users, especially those people with significant disabilities. This includes reviewing new features, working with development teams to find accessible solutions, and performing tests using assistive technology and guided tools, all with the intent of ensuring that the product meets our customer experience standards for all users, no matter how they access our product.
Accessibility as a dedicated profession is still relatively new, and there is a need to grow enthusiasm and knowledge on the subject as new professionals enter the workplace. This role will grant exposure to all aspects of the accessibility profession, from design to development to testing, and hopefully inspire a new generation of accessibility professionals.
• Participate in feature review and help provide feedback on
• Help run accessibility test cases using assistive technology and guided tools against completed features across multiple platforms
• Work with development teams to help create accessible solutions
• Observe strategic prioritization sessions
• Some understanding of mobile development (iOS/Android)
• Fundamental understanding of Agile methodologies and behavior-driven development
• Some experience using assistive technology, including screen readers (TalkBack, VoiceOver, JAWS, NVDA). Familiarity with switch devices (not Nintendo!), bluetooth keyboards, zoom capabilities and contrast modes also desirable.
• Willingness to challenge one's own biases
• Tolerance for failure, and the ability to learn from one's mistakes
• A desire to change the world for the better
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for full duration of the internship
• Summer 2021 program dates are June 7th - August 13th; must be available for full program duration
• Full-time schedule (40 hours/week) designed to work around class schedule
• Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program
• Salary based on office location; relocation is not provided
• Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
• Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
• Engaging events including executive speakers sessions, professional development workshops, and more
• Opportunity to join the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.