Strategy and Business Development Manager
Full Time Job
Location: Singapore - Singapore
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Strategy & Operations group drives the development and execution of strategic initiatives in the TV, digital, theatrical and content space in the INSEAK region. These initiatives may be developed internally (e.g. development of new channel, extension of existing brand, development of new market, development of new product), or sourced externally (e.g. partnerships, investments). The Strategy & Business Development Manager will support the Head of Strategy and Operations in assessing, developing and operationalizing new business opportunities. This includes providing qualitative and quantitative analysis and support for all new and ongoing business initiatives in the region.
Market Research and Strategic Planning (30%)
• Conduct research on markets, trends, platforms and competitors, and identify business opportunities with growth potential, including but not limited to partnerships and investments, channel/platform launches, digital media, IP acquisitions, etc.
• Develop business plans to include strategic action plan and financial modeling; prepare cohesive and concise investment memos and presentations for senior management team
Business Support (40%)
• Support all business aspects of the content business, including but not limited to negotiations, financial analysis, strategic planning, management presentations, etc.
• Maintaining budgetary and strategic oversight of content and productions in partnership with content, production and finance executives to ensure that the creative vision for scripted productions is accomplished within appropriate financial and business guidelines.
• Work with senior management on seeking out and developing co-funding opportunities for original programming projects.
• Track content performance and work with senior management on ongoing content planning.
• Liaise with governmental bodies and apply for relevant production subsidies to lower internal costs
Project Management (30%)
• Support the Head of Strategy and Operations on execution of new revenue projects, including but not limited to project management, financial analysis, opportunity assessment, reporting, etc.
• Bachelor of Commerce Degree (Finance/Business Administration)
• Min. 5 years of experience in management consulting/corporate finance/business development/content strategy in a large multinational company
• Knowledge in business plannign and conducting financial analysis
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
• Familiar with Project Management
• Experience working with internal and external clients and partners
• Exellent communication skills
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.