Stockroom Associate - Warner Bros. Studio Tour - The Making Of Harry Potter
Full Time Job
Location: Leavesden, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
Our studios are considered one of the foremost motion picture and television production and post-production facilities in the world. They inform, engage, and transport audiences to new worlds. The key to that lies with our Studio Operations group, which includes areas like soundstage/backlot set rentals, events, design, culinary, construction, landscaping and much more. Whether it's hosting an unforgettable studio tour, creating an optimal workspace, or equipping talent to tell the best stories, these teams lay the foundation for the memorable experiences we provide.
Are you a Harry Potter fan? If so, you'll love working at the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London (WBSTL) – The Making of Harry Potter.
Your role as a Stockroom Associate will be to ensure that retail spaces across the tour are efficiently supplied stock from our very own Room of Requirement, with a view to maximise sales potential and minimise stock loss.
What's in it for you?
• £10.10 per hour
• 28 days holiday (pro-rata)
• GymPass or free access to our on-site gym
• Exclusive access to our Screeners App, with our exciting Warner Bros. and HBO content
• Staff discounts on Studio Tour tickets, retail, food and beverage
• Access to Friends and Family events
• Free on-site staff car parking
• Complimentary staff shuttle bus between Watford Junction and our Studio Tour
• On-site staff Studio Café
• Option to join our pension and private healthcare schemes
• Partner with the retail team to ensure that goods are presented appropriately, including correct labelling and pricing.
• Distribute merchandise to retail areas around the attraction in an efficient and timely manner.
• Support and assist on all stock counts, cycle counts and write offs, communicating stock level concerns to colleagues and the retail management team.
• Receive, check, and accept deliveries, ensuring that relevant paperwork, storage records and standards for accurate accounting of incoming deliveries are maintained.
• Perform housekeeping duties daily ensuring strict standards are maintained and ensure that stock is replenished and visually merchandised in accordance with company guidelines.
• Comply with all Health & Safety protocols including always wearing two-part PPE whilst working in the stockroom area.
• Proactively engage with and assist our visitors to help them maximise their enjoyment of the Studio Tour experience.
You will be required to stand for up to 4 hours at a time, perform light lifting and work outdoors in all weather. Occasionally you will be required to attend communication sessions and training sessions outside of your core working hours.
• Prior experience within a fast-paced retail environment in a store or warehouse position.
• Strong communicator, with a customer service mindset.
• Experience of using stockroom machinery (Forklift and V&A machine training not required).
• Understanding of the Harry Potter film series and wider Wizarding World.
• We have multiple intake dates across the year which would require you to complete 2 weeks full time training (Monday-Friday), before starting your contracted hours.
• We currently have 32 or 40 hours per week contracts available and you will be required to work weekends (Saturday and Sunday).
• Your normal hours of work are between 7am and midnight.
• You may be required to participate in cover of the Studio Tour as necessary including weekend, bank holiday, school holiday and late evening cover in rotation with other team members.
Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter is the only place in the world to showcase the authentic sets, props and behind-the-scenes secrets of the Harry Potter films at the location where they were made. It has attracted over 14 million visitors since opening in 2012, features retail stores with merchandise celebrating the Harry Potter film series and has received over 40,000+ reviews on TripAdvisor with 96% rating the experience as 'excellent' or 'very good'. Since launching, additions to the Studio Tour include Platform 9 ¾ featuring the original Hogwarts Express, the Forbidden Forest and Gringotts Wizarding Bank. In December 2018, Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden acquired the Platform 9 ¾ group which sells Wizarding World merchandise, souvenirs, and collectibles.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.