Sr. Systems Analyst
Full Time Job
Location: Burbank, California, United States of America
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
WB Technology combines Warner Bros.' industry-leading technologists and disciplines to ensure global alignment with business strategy and accelerated delivery of innovative technology solutions studio- and industry-wide. From pre-production through archiving, the WBT organization will provide critical business and technology intelligence and services to all Studio business units. WBT manages the Studio's enterprise systems and solutions, emerging platforms, information security, consumer intelligence, content mastering and delivery, and more.
Join us. Shape your story here.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Sr. Business Analyst – Integrations is responsible for acting as an interface between the business and technical teams to ensure that system capabilities are analyzed, and all technology solutions align with business needs and support growth targets. This position will be a key part of building a comprehensive, reusable, and resilient integrations landscape supporting all business functions across the Consumer Products lifecycle.
Business Analysis: The Sr. Business Analyst will provide thorough analysis of business processes and anticipate, develop, and document requirements. This role will extensively document and communicate decisions made within the Integrations workstream. They will be instrumental in accurately capturing feedback, recommendations, and requirements during collaboration sessions with other technical teams. This role will be responsible for helping to make the following decisions: This role will be responsible for helping to make the following decisions:
Estimation – Capable of providing functional and technical options of varying Level of Efforts (LOE)
Project Technical Approach – Makes decisions to ensure technically accurate and appropriate solutions, enlists consensus from the project team including the Sr. Product Manager and Solution Architect as well as the Salesforce COE as needed.
Data Analysis: The Sr. Business Analyst will assist in data reconciliation, mapping, and auditing efforts performed by the Integrations workstream to ensure cross-compatibility between integration points. Exact deliverables would include, for example, exception analysis, import file drafts, field mappings, mock conversion exercises.
Product Roadmap: The Sr. Business Analyst will work closely with the Integrations Solutions Architect to refine the multi-year product roadmap, confirming alignment with both business goals and other technical deliverables.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
• 4+ years of Functional Business Analyst experience
• Experience with ETL/ELT, data migration and warehouse, middleware, or related concepts
• Experience with matrixed teams, and the communication, memorialization, and artifact requirements for such teams
• Ability to seek out anomalies and exceptions to rules in data, processes, and functionality
• Ability to guide discussions with large teams to solicit requirements, user stories, and feedback
• Experience delivering thorough user stories, functional designs /wireframes, test cases, test scripts and end user training materials and manage support of function as necessary.
• High degree of commitment, independence, and self-motivation; enthusiasm for challenging work
• Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
• Established ability to anticipate exceptions and edge cases during requirements gather and through the testing cycles
• Experience with software ticketing and bug tracking solutions such as Jira
• Knowledge of Agile software development, QA, and release processes
• Ability to find areas where the products can be improved
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication (both written and verbal)
• Experience working on complex projects that include:
• Simultaneous workstreams with multiple integrations
• Highly matrixed teams
• Iterative agile projects with ongoing releases
• Large scale change management / training efforts
• Experience in Media & Entertainment Industry
• Consumer Products experience preferred
, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• Undergraduate Degree Required
• Ability to work closely with end users, Sr. Product Manager, Product Owners, Project Sponsors and Management to understand and document business needs and requirements
• Capable of leading the evaluation of business and technical requirements
• Experience developing and supporting platform admin activities including data integrity, user account maintenance, reports & dashboards, and workflows
• Ability to work closely with the technical teams to prioritize and deliver system features that meet business requirements
• Ability to guide business assessments with key stakeholders to deliver quality requirements, design and roadmap documentation that supports business needs and strategy
• Ability to guide team(s) to ensure application features are of highest standard & meet business needs
• Lead estimation and planning processes to deliver reliable project/release plans that include accurate estimates for functional and technical designs, development and testing and training efforts
• Ability to consistently make timely decisions and balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness, even in the face of complexity
• Have a solid understanding of end-to-end application and data architecture to support requirements analysis, testing, and troubleshooting
• Work with the QA team to test all new features and defect resolutions
• Develop traceability matrix for business requirements as they relate to test plans
• Develop and execute test cases based on requirements for User Acceptance Testing
Functional knowledge of the following systems and processes:
• SQL (SQL Server, specifically)
• Jira & Confluence
• Monday.com for project and task management updates
• Financial Solutions - Forecasting & Planning, Actuals, Royalty Reporting and Accruals is a plus
• General office activities - walking, standing, sitting, speaking, finger manipulation, lifting, bending, etc.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, both in person, on the phone or in virtual meetings
• Must be able to pay close attention to complex detail and understand written and oral instructions
• Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively
• Must be able to work well under time constraints
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned
• Must be service-oriented
• Must be able to work independently
• Must be able to demonstrate resilience and reset quickly if/when encountering potential setbacks
• Must be able to work standard hours (9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.) with some flexible hours, including possi