HBONew York, NY
Full Time Job
Sr Publicist- HBO / HBO Max
Location: United States - New York - New York
Home Box Office, Inc. Seeks a Sr Publicist for the HBO General Inc.-Special Events department. The Sr. Publicist, Media Relations will create and execute publicity campaigns to maximize media, industry and consumer awareness for HBO and HBO Max original programming.
• Create and execute strategic, effective publicity campaigns for HBO and HBO Max original programming. Lead pitching efforts for sports unscripted programming and general scripted content.
• Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders across HBO and HBO Max departments to maximize cross-functional strategy and awareness. Develop working relationships with creative talent, producers, and representatives. Collaborate with production partners where appropriate.
• Identify opportunities, secure talent participation, and manage events as needed, including premieres, award shows, junkets, press conferences, conventions, and other media events.
• Create and maintain talent schedules, calendars, status reports. Write press releases and other materials, including talking points. Oversee selection and distribution of media assets. Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results.
• Minimum 5-6 years of experience at a studio, network, agency or equivalent with an understanding of and relationships with sports media, in addition to the general entertainment media landscape.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; proven ability to build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with an ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Good judgement and ability to handle confidential information with the highest level of discretion and professionalism.
• Must be able to work weekends, nights and travel as required.
• Must be committed to the success of the team.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.