HBONew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/29/2021 5:56:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Sr Designer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Sr Designer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sr Designer?
Full Time Job
Location: United States - New York - New York
Home Box Office, Inc. seeks a Sr Designer for the HBO General Inc.-Design & Production department. Seeking a talented, proven graphic designer with experience in branding and key art development. As part of Design Production, you will enjoy an engaging, fast-paced environment with opportunities to create original and innovative designs that stay true to the brand. The Senior Designer may direct the work of one or more designers/production artists to generate layouts/comps and final art (print and digital). They will also be required to execute final designs and mechanicals for completion of projects, as needed. In collaboration with the art directors, copywriters and account and production team members, the Senior Designer assists in the creative process while meeting multiple deadlines. This designer must have strong communication skills, and be adept at articulating the thinking behind their aesthetic and design decisions to get internal buy-in. They are confident in their instincts, experimental with their work and yet can filter through feedback to recognize constructive criticism.
• Act as technical and creative production lead for art directors.
• Have a strong understanding of grid use, typography and hierarchy of information.
• Partner with art directors to drive the quality of design solutions for our business partners.
• Create electronic mechanicals on latest Mac software and platforms.
• Teach lower-level design staff new technology, new software knowledge and proper pre-press and online (color optimization) preparation.
• Check and prepare all necessary files for final release via e-mail to printers/service bureaus, as well as online production.
• Be accountable in every area: adherence to project timelines, account team support and service, and collaboration among all team members.
• Take initiative and prioritize tasks; have excellent time management, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
• Take direction from SVP, VP, creative director, and all assigned stakeholders while meeting multiple deadlines.
• Partner with print buyers and production to adhere to standards in color quality, preflight process; inspect and approve printer proofs, and select or recommend paper stocks.
• Participate in the creative/direction process with the SVP, VP, creative director and copywriters.
• Through their managers, gain understanding of business partners' strategies and objectives.
• Stay abreast of current technology and design trends in the visual communication industry.
• College graphic design degree with 5–7 years' design or agency experience
• Proficient in latest Mac software: CS Suite, Adobe Acrobat and electronic troubleshooting methods
• Extreme attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines
• Impressive, wide-ranging portfolio
• Ability to successfully manage time, workflow and schedule
• Excellent verbal/written communications skills
• Clear understanding of meeting project deadlines
• Entertainment industry experience a plus
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.