Full Time Job
Location: Remote, Nevada, United States of America
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Join us. Shape your story here.
The Senior Counsel is responsible for all legal aspects of scripted original programming (series, movies, mini-series and limited series) for HBO, HBO Max, TNT and tbs, including negotiating, structuring and drafting talent, rights, development and production agreements; evaluating chain of title; advising on defamation, privacy, intellectual property matters in connection with reviewing content; and providing time-sensitive, thoughtful, practical and consensus-oriented advice on a wide variety of issues, including all issues arising from the development and production of our scripted entertainment programming. The successful candidate will have superior solution-oriented analytic, counseling, negotiating and drafting abilities and outstanding people skills necessary to work closely and collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic and stimulating environment with colleagues across the company, producers and other production personnel, and talent representatives.
• J.D. degree from a top tier law school, an outstanding academic record, 5 to 7 years of entertainment law firm and/or studio/network in-house legal department experience. Entertainment transactional/original programming development/production background required.
• Excellent legal and business judgment.
• Effective written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and proactively with strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to simultaneously manage numerous projects in a dynamic environment.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.