Spring Intern - HBO Sports Production
HBONew York, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The intern will play a vital role in assisting the HBO Sports team with various elements of production -- including Real Sports, 24/7 Series, HBO Sports Documentaries & Series.
• Prep and research for 24/7 Series, HBO Sports Documentaries & Series
• Research and develop stories for Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel
• Avid work; logging and screening for Real Sports, 24/7 Series, HBO Sports Documentaries & Series
• Assist with local shoots (content, equipment, etc)
• Complete tasks on a deadline for time sensitive material
• Conduct independent research to pitch potential stories for Real Sports
• Contact reporters, media outlets, and sports teams for information
• Observing edits: Real Sports, 24/7 Series, HBO Sports Documentaries & Series
• Must be able to work 15 hours/week in NY office
• Must be a rising Junior or Senior in college
• Avid or Final Cut screening
• Logging and editing material
• Knowledge of HBO Sports programming: Real Sports, Hard Knocks, 24/7, HBO Sports Documentaries & Series
• Organizational skills: must be able to meet deadlines, attention to detail
• Research skills, including but not limited to:
• knowledge of/proficiency with Nexis searches of news articles
• general internet research
• YouTube and footage research
• public records searches
• making phone calls, pre-interviews, etc.
The Internship Programs are designed to offer undergraduate and select graduate students the opportunity to learn how we provide programming for the cable industry and distribute entertainment content around the world. The programs will include Orientation, Project HBO, Speaker Series, Social Activities, Learning and Development Workshops, a Farewell Lunch, and more.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. HBO welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.