Senior Manager, Accounting
Full Time Job
Senior Manager, Accounting (OTC)
Location: Singapore - Singapore
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
This position exists to identify, design, execute and leverage world class O2C processes, systems and methodologies, providing consistency and alignment with business objectives. Through partnership with GBS and BU leadership, this person will have responsibility for ensuring globally consistent Order to Cash policies and processes, leading to DSO and cashflow/working capital improvement, while minimising bad debt risk for the APAC region. This role has responsibility for WarnerMedia APAC O2C serving all BU's and working both internally and with external service providers.
• Initial responsibilities will focus on creating an in-region OTC team to support all WarnerMedia APAC legacy business units.
• Effectively build sustainable relationships across the business and finance departments to drive proactive collection involvement.
• Coordinate work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of company financial records. Is further responsible for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from audit findings.
• Develop and monitor of Key Performance Indicators.
• Provide regional input into accurate global cash flow forecasting and budgeting to enable monitoring of working capital on a monthly basis.
• Support the business and finance groups with escalated collections disputes, account reconciliations/analysis and monthly reporting for aged debtors, disputes and DSO.
• Achieve DSO and aged debt reduction through effective management of the AR team and resolution of escalated collections issues and disputes.
• Perform regular ledger reviews with AR analyst/s and sales teams, with escalation of issues to the senior management as appropriate.
• Identify and implement process improvements, consistent with global OTC processes where possible.
• Manage the withholding tax process and preparation of required tax documentation. Approve AR maintenance and bad debt write off requests.
• Manage the automated collection tool for the region, including dunning letters.
• Manage the cases distributed to, and the relationship with, the outsource Debt Collection Agency.
• Manage, motivate and train direct reports within a culturally diverse team.
AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
• This role will have approximately 5-7 direct reports
• Responsible for managing the collections function for the APAC international workstreams and business units, including multiple licensors and AR BUs, in multiple transaction and base currencies.
• Collections responsibilities for multiple line of business: Distribution, Advertising, Syndication, L&M/CP.
• Responsible for annual subledger collections $350m for Turner/HBO APAC.
• Liaise with Sales/Finance teams across the APAC region.
• Team management.
• Minimum of 7 years relevant experience within a global collection's environment.
• Experience managing an AR team.
• Experience working with an automated collections software tool such as PS Workbench, GetPaid, Ero57 etc.
• Strong track record of DSO and aged debt reduction.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to work in multi-business unit and multi-currency environment.
• An ICM qualification
• Strong business acumen, high personal integrity, strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
• Ability to collaborate across international regions and within a matrixed organization.
• Ability to create solutions to process issues.
• Ability to effectively lead change.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to effectively communicate at all levels.
• Effective team player and team leader.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.