Production Payroll Accountant
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Burbank, United States - Georgia - Atlanta, United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.HBO is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming to 140 million subscribers globally. A subsidiary of WarnerMedia, HBO is the world's most successful pay TV service with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable titles to be on television, including drama series Succession®, Watchmen®, Westworld®, Big Little Lies®, Game of Thrones®, The Sopranos®, Band of Brothers® and The Wire®, as well as comedy series Barry®, Insecure® and Sex and the City®. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
Home Box Office, Inc. seeks a Production Payroll Accountant for the HBO General Inc.-West Coast Finance department.
• Facilitate the west coast talent payment process by processing incoming payroll requests through A/P and an outside payroll company.
• Responsible for processing union and non-union payroll for development projects, overall deals, assistants,( casting) and various in-house confidential production payments.
• Acts as a liaison between an outside payroll company, business affairs payment clerks, NY A/P & disbursing teams and all other west coast groups to ensure payments are processed accurately and any issues are resolved in a timely manner.
• Accountable and responsible for understanding tax and guild related issues as they pertain to payroll; answering pertinent questions and problem-solving in compliance with tax and guild laws.
• Work closely with the production finance group as the main contact for any production related emergency cash needs.
• Provide support for system upgrades and process improvements as they relate to payroll.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related area preferred.
• Minimum of 1-2 years' payroll experience; entertainment industry experience strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of union contracts strongly preferred.
• Basic understanding of pension rates and proper calculations for unions (WGA, DGA, SAG, AFTRA).
• Excellent time management skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft applications with a focus on Excel and MS Word.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.