HBOSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
As a Payment Administrator, you will be responsible for processing Above the Line payments for HBO Entertainment projects both in development and in production. You will be managing day to day financial reporting as well as verification of the necessary back-up documentation for each check requisition submitted. You will be liaising with both Legal and Business Affairs; and will be tasked with facilitating communication between them in addition to investigating inquires and alerting the proper departments when contractual changes are necessary.
• Responsible for the submission of check requisitions along with the proper documentation once a payment is triggered. You will be handling the requisitions in HBO's Financial Information System (DDT).
• Process and track payments for HBO films, Miniseries, and Entertainment development and production projects
• Verify check amounts, making sure payee and payment entities are correct in DDT by reviewing Contract Request, Memorandums and legal agreements.
• - Input information into DDT systems.
• Ensure all documentation is in order to process payments. i.e. signed Certificates of Engagements/Authorship, signed Upset Price Agreements, employment and immigration documents, proper authorization from Creative, Production, Business Affairs and Legal as applicable.
• Investigate inquiries from Business Affairs and Legal departments. Advise Business Affairs assistants with gathering proper documentation and payment processing procedures as well as helping BA assistants in maintaining proper files.
• Primary contact for inquiries regarding payment issues from internal and external sources, including HBO Corporate Finance, Production Finance, Legal, Creative, Agencies, Business Managers, Outside Counsel and Accountants.
• Authorize Guild fringe payments. Consult with HBO Labor on labor related pay issues.
• Interact with HBO Residuals/Contingency Compensation department.
• Work with IT to improve DDT and make more efficient.
• A strong eye for detail will be crucial along with the ability to catch and resolve discrepancies. It is important to have a good working knowledge of I9's, employment verification, accountancy skills and a basic understanding of the filmmaking process for this position.
• Documentation analysis will also be of the utmost importance. Keeping record/scans of all sent out check requisitions is an essential job function, as it entails a lot of verification and proof reading – it will also be useful for follow up when there are payment inquiries.
• Solid ability to communicate with all levels internally and externally using ''white-glove service'' is strongly required.